Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Wind Noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wind Noise

I have a 2014 3.0T that I purchased as a CPO and I get this noticeable wind noise at the driver's side that seems to be coming from the side mirror area. I checked all the seals and everything seems fine and it doesn't leak water when its raining. Anybody else having this problem or is this normal? and is there a simple fix I can do? Thanks
Old 02-14-2018, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 159 Likes on 127 Posts

Odd. At any particular speeds? I daily drive an old Acura TL (04 -- perfect commute buggy for our crap Michigan roads) and use my /15 3.0T for pleasure. I've never noticed any wind noise coming from the mirror area or elsewhere for that matter. Pretty quiet car (especially when compared with the old TL). May I suggest you drop by dealer and drive another A6 -- probably doesn't matter if a /14 as long as a C7 -- that will give you a basis for comparison and if both the same then likely no issue. Keep us posted.

Best,
Jeff
Old 02-14-2018, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

It should not do that at all. And I am going to guess you made sure the window and door seal are not the cause?

Last edited by DanfZX14; 02-14-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yeah I didn't think it would be normal. It does get louder with speed. Everything seems to be in order with the window and door seals and moulding. I must have spent a couple hours trying to find a leak. I'll bring it up to the dealer on my next visit and maybe test drive another A6 for comparison.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by CalAudiSix
Yeah I didn't think it would be normal. It does get louder with speed. Everything seems to be in order with the window and door seals and moulding. I must have spent a couple hours trying to find a leak. I'll bring it up to the dealer on my next visit and maybe test drive another A6 for comparison.
Fold the mirrors in, test it and report back.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DB22
Fold the mirrors in, test it and report back.
Hmm... I didn't even know that was possible - to have the mirrors folded in while in drive mode. I may try that.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by CalAudiSix
Hmm... I didn't even know that was possible - to have the mirrors folded in while in drive mode. I may try that.
Maybe putting you year, model and relevant options under your signature would allow responders to better help you? If It’s a Prestige then you should have a switch to fold the mirrors, if not then push hard.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Maybe putting you year, model and relevant options under your signature would allow responders to better help you? If It’s a Prestige then you should have a switch to fold the mirrors, if not then push hard.
you are pretty annoying ... he said at the start he has a 2014 3.0T...
Old 02-15-2018, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by RazvaNNN
you are pretty annoying ... he said at the start he has a 2014 3.0T...
So you don't think that using the mirror switch to move the mirrors is relevant? Assuming that you live somewhere that Audi sells cars and that you actually own one then you would understand the relevance of posting the options. A 2014 3.0T comes in about 100 flavors.
BTW - my reminders to members who actually prefer relevant answers is for their benefit and I do find it annoying that I have to remind people of the usefulness of the information. It is, however, not quite as annoying as the posts that don't think that useful data is necessary to get useful responses.

Last edited by DB22; 02-15-2018 at 06:33 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have a Premium Plus. There is a **** on the driver's door that allowed me to fold the mirrors in while driving. I tried it and the noise became louder.

Quick Reply: Wind Noise