Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Windows Phone 8?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windows Phone 8?

Anyone using a new Windows Phone 8 paired in their car? If so, does everything transfer over well? Couldn't find anything in search. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Verizon HTC 8X here

paired it up and all is well - contacts transfered and everything else works for the most part ok. Text to speech works fine - voice control as well.

It has "hic-upped" once or twice - but as far as standard operation I would not complain at all.

2012 A6 Prestige - inno-B&0-cold...think I have all options except sun-shades (which I wish I had...)

Scott
Old 01-14-2013, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks Scott, appreciate it!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mcar11
Anyone using a new Windows Phone 8 paired in their car? If so, does everything transfer over well? Couldn't find anything in search. Thanks in advance.
Nokia Lumia 900 ... synced fine, all contacts loaded, Text to Speech and all that good stuff ...works well ...Oh even Nokia Navigation voice goes straight through my car speakers ...thats when /if I choose to use my phone's navigation instead of my indash nav
Old 01-15-2013, 12:50 PM
HDK
AudiWorld Member

Good to know as I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a Lumia 920...
Old 01-15-2013, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by HDK
FWIW my wife has the Lumia 920 and loves it. I'll be getting one as well, but can't pull the trigger until Good for Enterprise releases its Windows Phone 8 application (they aren't authorizing their WP 7.5 app for use on the WP8 phones).
Old 01-17-2013, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HDK
Just got the 920, VERY happy with it. Everything did transfer over very well, didn't run into previous problems I had with my old HTC Thunderbolt.

I did not know about the text to speech, and speech to text features over bluetooth. I was driving to a lunch meeting and got a text from my co-worker waiting at the restaurant asking how far away I was. The 920 out of nowhere asked me over bluetooth first whether I'd like to hear the text; after reading it to me, it then asked me if I'd like to reply, and I spoke my reply; then it repeated what I said back to me to confirm, and asked if I'd like to send it. I said yes and it texted back my co-worker that I was almost there.

Sorry, but that was too cool for me, I never once glanced at my phone. I'm not sure if the Android I previously had could do that as well, maybe it was a feature I never knew about turning on. I had to show it off to my kids.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:17 PM
HDK
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RydeOdie
Nokia Lumia 900 ... synced fine, all contacts loaded, Text to Speech and all that good stuff ...works well ...Oh even Nokia Navigation voice goes straight through my car speakers ...thats when /if I choose to use my phone's navigation instead of my indash nav
Quick question, I've had my Lumia 920 for a week now and I can't seem to get turn by turn voice navigation unless I have bluetooth disabled. Took me a while to figure it out but after turning off bluetooth I was able to get turn by turn voice but obviously not over the car speakers. (upgraded to HERE Drive+ beta and chose a voice with "announced street names")

Is there something I'm missing in settings?

BTW: the text to speech on incoming text messages is pretty awesome especially for someone switching from a Blackberry Bold!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HDK
Quick question, I've had my Lumia 920 for a week now and I can't seem to get turn by turn voice navigation unless I have bluetooth disabled. Took me a while to figure it out but after turning off bluetooth I was able to get turn by turn voice but obviously not over the car speakers. (upgraded to HERE Drive+ beta and chose a voice with "announced street names")

Is there something I'm missing in settings?

BTW: the text to speech on incoming text messages is pretty awesome especially for someone switching from a Blackberry Bold!
I miss wrote, please use "maps" not Nokia Drive for navigation instructions to be head in car speakers. Just make sure your phones volume is not too low and enable "Read directions aloud when tapping" in the "Maps" app on your phone
Old 09-20-2013, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mcar11
I've had a rather disappointing experience here. My Lumia 900 (Win 7.5) worked flawlessly. However, neither my 920 nor my 1020 will work with my 2012 A6 - Bluetooth refuses to connect reliably. Very, very frustrating.

Quick Reply: Windows Phone 8?