A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

2019 Premium Plus vs Prestige Clarification?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Premium Plus vs Prestige Clarification?

Hi all. I'm looking at buying a 2019 A6 on CPO and have a few questions that I haven't been able to confirm by searching. Any help would be much appreciated:

1. The Premium Plus comes with the Matrix-design headlights and the Prestige comes with the HD Matrix-design headlights. I can see the visual difference when looking at photos of the two headlights, but it isn't clear if only the HD Matrix-design can do the "light show". Can someone confirm that? I have the same question for the "light show" on the rear lights. Is that only available on the Prestige?
2. The Premium Plus and the Prestige come standard with the Bang & Olufsen Premium 3D sound system (16 speakers, 705 watts) which is different than the $4,900 Bang & Olufsen 3D Advanced sound system (19 speakers, 1,820 watts) which is an option on the Prestige. I've seen images of speakers that mechanically rise above the front dash - is that only on the upgraded "3D Advanced" system or do the speakers raise in the former system as well?
3. The Premium and Premium Plus come with the Ambient LED interior lighting package and the Prestige comes with the Ambient LED interior lighting plus package (multicolor ambient light). I gather that the latter allows the full gamut of color options but I haven't been able to confirm if the standard package only supports white light or if it also supports a few color options. Can someone confirm this please?

Thanks for your help!
Old 05-14-2020, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I think I just answered question number 2. Per this 2018 Audi A8 B&O demo, it sounds like only the Advanced sound system has speakers that mechanically raise above the dash:
Old 05-14-2020, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cushlash
Hi all. I'm looking at buying a 2019 A6 on CPO and have a few questions that I haven't been able to confirm by searching. Any help would be much appreciated:

1. The Premium Plus comes with the Matrix-design headlights and the Prestige comes with the HD Matrix-design headlights. I can see the visual difference when looking at photos of the two headlights, but it isn't clear if only the HD Matrix-design can do the "light show". Can someone confirm that? I have the same question for the "light show" on the rear lights. Is that only available on the Prestige?
2. The Premium Plus and the Prestige come standard with the Bang & Olufsen Premium 3D sound system (16 speakers, 705 watts) which is different than the $4,900 Bang & Olufsen 3D Advanced sound system (19 speakers, 1,820 watts) which is an option on the Prestige. I've seen images of speakers that mechanically rise above the front dash - is that only on the upgraded "3D Advanced" system or do the speakers raise in the former system as well?
3. The Premium and Premium Plus come with the Ambient LED interior lighting package and the Prestige comes with the Ambient LED interior lighting plus package (multicolor ambient light). I gather that the latter allows the full gamut of color options but I haven't been able to confirm if the standard package only supports white light or if it also supports a few color options. Can someone confirm this please?

Thanks for your help!
I just picked up my 2019 Premium Plus last weekend. To answer your questions:

1. No light show on either the front or rears. The rears do have the dynamic turn indicators that have the light going from the center of the car outward, but no dancing lights when locking/unlocking.
2. My standard 16 speaker B&O system does not have the automatic tweeters that rise from the dash.
3. There is less ambient lighting in the Premium Plus package. There is one strip along each door, some lighting in the foot wells, and might be one across the passenger dash (I haven't actually driven it at night yet, only tested it out to see that they work.) They are all white and the only thing you can adjust is how bright you want the white to be. The plus package adds more light strips along the doors, dash, and center console which can all be adjusted to different colors.

Cheers!
Old 05-14-2020, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for the great response - this helps a lot! One follow up question on the B&O; how does it sound? I'm currently in a 2018 S5 with B&O and am mostly happy with it but it doesn't compare to the Harman Kardon that I had in my old BMW. I'm anxious to see if the standard B&O in the A6 is better than what I have now.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is my first Audi so I don't have a good reference point to say if it's better than an A5 or other similar system. I think it's much better than the "premium" sound systems found in mainstream brands such as Honda, Ford, Toyota, etc. but I don't know how it compares to other Audis or MB or BMW. Since the 2020 A6 has the same system as the 2019, maybe you can find a dealer that is open to give it a listen? Best of luck!

Cheers!
Old 05-15-2020, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks again for the feedback. I'm test driving the 2019 A6 tomorrow so I'll check out the B&O.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm not a huge fan of the B&O standard- the bass is all routed to an anemic subwoofer that fits inside the spare tire, and the mids are quite muddy. Replacing speakers is a herculean operation, so kind of stuck. If you're an audiophile definitely pop for the advanced, it's not the world's greatest but it's significantly better.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Prestige has double-pane glass and is quieter inside.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

Prestige Package $8,200.00
  • Premium Plus Package
  • Contour/Multicolor Ambient Lighting Package
  • Dual Pane Acoustic Glass
  • Head-Up Display
  • HD Matrix-Design Headlights w/High-Beam Assist
  • LED Taillights w/Dynamic Indicators
  • Power Closing Doors
  • Open & Close Power Trunk
  • Warm Weather Package
  • 4-Zone Automatic Climate Control
  • Front Seat Ventilation & 4-Way Power Lumbar
  • Power Rear & Manual Rear Side Window Sunshades
Old 05-29-2020, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

I heard both when ordering our car last year and decided on the upgraded sound system which replaces the spare tire due to the size of the power amp required. It is amazing how much better it sounds. Not sure if the Premium Plus has the option of insulated glass but if it does, it really quiets the outside noise down considerably. All we hear is road noise from the tires. I think that was an addition to the upgraded sound system. the 3D is ridiculous in its ability to surround you in the car. One can distinguish the high and lows from different speakers. Love that upgrade.