A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

Audi A6 C8 ambient lighting coding

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2024, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey guys just an update, qq2 now installed so if you need any help I'm happy to give a hand. I'll be making a write up on AW soon.

The following users liked this post:
pittyxp (02-04-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A4BE
Hey guys just an update, qq2 now installed so if you need any help I'm happy to give a hand. I'll be making a write up on AW soon.

Looks awesome man, good job! I am still looking for all the parts.
Old 01-29-2024, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by B591VKA
Looks awesome man, good job! I am still looking for all the parts.
hey thanks for the compliment. Anything i can help with for the part numbers ?

Also just to let you know that the files you need are on vcp and you can get the ambient light menu that way. Im working on a write up for the connectors needed as well.
Old 03-20-2024, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi, I am upgrading these headlights as well, but I am stuck with a malfunction. My rear doors lights up but the front doors doesn't. And after choosing a color in the MMI, the dashboard, console and rear doors turn off after about 5-10 seconds. Be grateful for the help.
And I also have a fault code "Local data bus 5" Electrical error. I think it might be because of the Chinese door pocket illumination lamps
Old 03-20-2024, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Morgan53
Hi, I am upgrading these headlights as well, but I am stuck with a malfunction. My rear doors lights up but the front doors doesn't. And after choosing a color in the MMI, the dashboard, console and rear doors turn off after about 5-10 seconds. Be grateful for the help.
And I also have a fault code "Local data bus 5" Electrical error. I think it might be because of the Chinese door pocket illumination lamps
hey, if you could give more info as to whether you fitted oem lights or a kit? Do you have a link to the kit and where did you connect the lights to? Thanks
Old 03-20-2024, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

hey, if you could give more info as to whether you fitted oem lights or a kit? Do you have a link to the kit and where did you connect the lights to? Thanks
Last year I bought a kit in China (I was not aware of this) and connected it according to the instructions in BCM1 T73a 41, 42 pin + the kit included an activation program that automatically encodes. I didn't like it because they have Long versions of cars and contour LEDs do not fit in the back door. And they sent me home-made LED strips that were brighter than the rest + there were many errors in block 9.
This year, I bought original spare parts, but I bought the pocket lights in China (they have an original number that matches the factory one). So I finished the installation, but ran into the problem I described earlier.

Connected the front door to BCM1 connector T73b 27 pin LIN, 59 pin SIG
Rear door connector T73b 28 pin LIN, 59 pin SIG
Dash panel connector T73b 29 contact LIN, 59 contact SIG + connector T54a 53 contact LIN, 59 contact SIG

BCM1

home-made LED strips
Old 03-20-2024, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Morgan53
Last year I bought a kit in China (I was not aware of this) and connected it according to the instructions in BCM1 T73a 41, 42 pin + the kit included an activation program that automatically encodes. I didn't like it because they have Long versions of cars and contour LEDs do not fit in the back door. And they sent me home-made LED strips that were brighter than the rest + there were many errors in block 9.
This year, I bought original spare parts, but I bought the pocket lights in China (they have an original number that matches the factory one). So I finished the installation, but ran into the problem I described earlier.

Connected the front door to BCM1 connector T73b 27 pin LIN, 59 pin SIG
Rear door connector T73b 28 pin LIN, 59 pin SIG
Dash panel connector T73b 29 contact LIN, 59 contact SIG + connector T54a 53 contact LIN, 59 contact SIG

BCM1

home-made LED strips
Okay that makes sense, that's annoying regarding the strip.

So those connections all look correct and same as mine. Are all lights orignal apart from door pocket leds?

If that's that's the case then I can almost guarantee that the dataset uploaded to your car is incorrect. The one you flashed with the kit must have been incorrect, not your fault however.

Do you have a doip cable? I can offer a service if you need it flashed again.
Old 03-20-2024, 10:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Okay that makes sense, that's annoying regarding the strip.

So those connections all look correct and same as mine. Are all lights orignal apart from door pocket leds?

If that's that's the case then I can almost guarantee that the dataset uploaded to your car is incorrect. The one you flashed with the kit must have been incorrect, not your fault however.

Do you have a doip cable? I can offer a service if you need it flashed again.
Yea, I think the coding is wrong. I have odis
Old 03-21-2024, 02:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

hey, yes thats correct, the white led will need to be replaced with the multicolour one. You will need obd11 or vcds to do the coding and you will need VCP or VAS tool to flash the BCM1 module ( the central electrics module 09).
I tried to do the coding on my a4 with just obd11 but I couldn't get the multicolor ambient light menu to show. At the time I got a local coder with vcp to activate the menu for about £60. I would suggest you find a local shop or mobile coder to flash your module. I will send the coding for obd11 that's required when I do the retrofit. Also the door cards for me should come next week, they have been delayed a lot for some reason, but once they come I will send you the part number for the contour light which you will need.
The part numbers of doors are:
Front left LED contour module 4K0947355AB
Front right LED contour module 4K0947355AD

Rear left LED contour module 4K0947355AF
Rear right LED contour module 4K0947355AH
Old 03-21-2024, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I completely agree that the dataset are incorrect if you used original parts and the correct part numbers!

Quick Reply: Audi A6 C8 ambient lighting coding