A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

Cameras fail, dealer fixed a couple of times, no luck

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2024, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cameras fail, dealer fixed a couple of times, no luck

Hi all, bought a CPO 2019 A6 from the dealer in November 2023 at ~39,XXX miles. Absolutely love the car, it drives amazingly and I have had no complaints regarding its mechanical performance. A few months into ownership, the cameras started to black out and display the camera logo with the line through it indicating an error. Brought it back to the dealer and they replaced two cameras under warranty. A couple of more months go by with no issues when the cameras start to black out again. Brought it back, this time they said they found a cable that had a bend in it, which could have been causing issues. They replaced it, and the cameras were working well again. Shortly after, the cameras black out again; but seemingly less often.

I've found that shutting the engine off, opening the door so that it triggers a complete shut-off of the vehicle, waiting for the digital dash to shut off, then turning the car back on usually has all of the cameras functioning again -- so there is a fix, albeit an annoying one, as I have to sit in the car for about 30 seconds to wait for the full reboot. And of course that will work until it doesn't.

The vehicle is still under CPO warranty so I'm going to bring it back to have them look at it again, but this will be the third time they're having to look at it.

Was curious on other peoples' experiences, as I'm weighing my options moving forward. I was planning on purchasing an extended warranty regardless, so I'm wondering if I should just accept that the electronics in the car might be dodgy and rely on issues being covered under warranty and having to take it to the dealer every so now and then.

With that being said... does anyone have recommendations on extended warranties?

Thanks in advance.