A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

Can i disable the headlight washers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2023, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Can i disable the headlight washers?

When I use the washer fluid to clean my windhsield at night, the stupid headlight washers darken my lighting so bad that I get a little nervous. Can i disable the headlight washers?
Old 10-14-2023, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I don't know about your car but on a B6 S4 and a B8 A4, I coded via vcds so they'd only wash on the 99th request within that ignition cycle : effectively never.
The following users liked this post:
whynotme (10-15-2023)
Old 10-15-2023, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes you can! Had mine disabled. Can't recommend enough. Dont drive through mud and stuff to get them dirty.
whynotme (10-15-2023)
Old 10-16-2023, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VjSky
Yes you can! Had mine disabled. Can't recommend enough. Dont drive through mud and stuff to get them dirty.
Can you tell us how? I am also super interested in this.
Old 10-16-2023, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Subscribed
Old 10-17-2023, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 402 Likes on 333 Posts

You do not need to disable anything. The headlight washing system is triggered about 2 seconds after pulling on the stalk. Just make sure you pull the stalk for no longer than 2 seconds if you do not want the headlights to be washed as well. Repeat the process a few more times if the windshield needs more cleaning.
ThomasWShea (10-17-2023)
Old 10-17-2023, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kelisko
You do not need to disable anything. The headlight washing system is triggered about 2 seconds after pulling on the stalk. Just make sure you pull the stalk for no longer than 2 seconds if you do not want the headlights to be washed as well. Repeat the process a few more times if the windshield needs more cleaning.
I thought this was the case for my car, as when my wife drives it seemed like that was the behavior from the passenger seat. However when I try this myself I always get a headlight spray (usually first), then a wind screen spray. I just tried again with a quick pull and got just a headlight spray...

There is a setting or something I am missing or a coding changed that may have happened between the 2020 I own and whatever updated versions some of you have.

Anyone have any other thoughts?
Old 10-17-2023, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 402 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by cocopup96
I thought this was the case for my car, as when my wife drives it seemed like that was the behavior from the passenger seat. However when I try this myself I always get a headlight spray (usually first), then a wind screen spray. I just tried again with a quick pull and got just a headlight spray...

There is a setting or something I am missing or a coding changed that may have happened between the 2020 I own and whatever updated versions some of you have.

Anyone have any other thoughts?
Hum, the setup on the C8 might have changed then. Can you try pulling the stalk halfway to see what happens?
Old 10-17-2023, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by kelisko
Yeah, my headlight washers activate almost immediately when I pull the stalk. Was hoping VjSky would reply with instructions on how to disable.
Old 10-17-2023, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OBDEleven can disable the headlight washers. Under Apps, Retrofits.

Quick Reply: Can i disable the headlight washers?