A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

what did you discover in your A6 C8 today ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 295 Likes on 253 Posts

^^^^. Perfect.
Old 07-19-2021, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a water jug that sometimes tips over in the trunk. I thought I would put a hook in the trunk to hang it on, so I looked for a location, and guess what? Audi already put hooks there! I'm sure they are intended for shopping bags or purses, but they work great for my water jug. A year and a half, and I never spotted them
The following 2 users liked this post by markrief:
Nightrider007 (06-20-2024), SSSSSSIX (07-19-2021)
Old 07-21-2021, 01:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

- You can control passenger seats using driver's controls. Just click seats on the bottom screen, switch over to passenger seat, then click the icon with Seat and number 2.
- When cameras are activated (reverse, hitting the button), you can touch the areas on the overview of the car on the right for additional cameras - front wide, front wheels, rear wheels, rear wide. Supplements the bottom stripe with cameras, just more practical. And I've never really used the 3D view, no matter how cool it looks.
- You can assign steering wheel * to front wide camera. No more guesswork and leaning when getting out of parking spots between two cars!
- You can use automated parking to get you in the spot where you just stuck the car's nose. Not tried it yet though - I always reverse to parking spots. By myself. Too scared to trust the automation.
- You can use the parking assist to unpark your (not only) parallel-parked car! Just hold the 'P>>' button, watch the rearview mirrors and enjoy. In this case I trusted it and it was too 'conservative' to my taste - I would've used the space a bit more and got out in maybe 2-3 manoeuvres less.

- Turning off delayed lights off feature also disables the intro-outro animation. You can find it menu under Lights > External lighting (or something like that)
- Owned Audis for 4 years and only recently I've learned you can engage CC/ACC by pulling the bottom left stalk towards you. Up until now I've always used the button on the stalk (which fixes current speed). When I am superlazy, I use ACC to get me off the traffic lights =D

- (not sure if applicable outside EU) You can avoid start-stop kicking in if you press brake pedal very gently, just so-so that the car stops. Then if you push the brake pedal 'to the floor', start-stop kicks in and turns the engine off.

Last edited by -peterp-; 07-22-2021 at 04:33 AM. Reason: (added lights + CC/ACC stalk)
The following 3 users liked this post by -peterp-:
C8Alex (07-21-2021), markrief (07-21-2021), SSSSSSIX (07-21-2021)
Old 07-21-2021, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by -peterp-
- You can control passenger seats using driver's controls. Just click seats on the bottom screen, switch over to passenger seat, then click the icon with Seat and number 2.
- When cameras are activated (reverse, hitting the button), you can touch the areas on the overview of the car on the right for additional cameras - front wide, front wheels, rear wheels, rear wide. Supplements the bottom stripe with cameras, just more practical. And I've never really used the 3D view, no matter how cool it looks.
- You can assign steering wheel * to front wide camera. No more guesswork and leaning when getting out of parking spots between two cars!
- You can use automated parking to get you in the spot where you just stuck the car's nose. Not tried it yet though - I always reverse to parking spots. By myself. Too scared to trust the automation.
- You can use the parking assist to unpark your (not only) parallel-parked car! Just hold the 'P>>' button, watch the rearview mirrors and enjoy. In this case I trusted it and it was too 'conservative' to my taste - I would've used the space a bit more and got out in maybe 2-3 manoeuvres less.

- Turning off delayed lights off feature also disables the intro-outro animation. You can find it menu under Lights > External lighting (or something like that)
- Owned Audis for 4 years and only recently I've learned you can engage CC/ACC by pulling the bottom left stalk towards you. Up until now I've always used the button on the stalk (which fixes current speed). When I am superlazy, I use ACC to get me off the traffic lights =D
I had no idea these existed...wow
Old 07-22-2021, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by C8Alex
I had no idea these existed...wow
Glad to help. Asterisk button -> camera stopped working for me though. Will need to retest after assigning different feature then back later today.
As for the automated parking, today the car managed to parallel park into a spot which I would not even remotely try. There's a downside to automated un/parking feature - it turns the wheels while stationary. Guess the tires aren't too happy. Hopefully next iterations (or updates if I am too optimistic) will slowly move the car to fix this.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

What package do I need for the parking? I don't think my Premium Plus is equipped with the automated parking.
Old 07-23-2021, 01:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by C8Alex
What package do I need for the parking? I don't think my Premium Plus is equipped with the automated parking.
It's a separate item in configurator over here, Audi code is PCF. Has to be selected with others (ambient lighting, folding mirrors, comfort key) as of now. Check your original quote. I think you can tell by having the >>P button in the middle below lower screen, see
. Found it?

EDIT: as per the user guide, your car has to be equipped with park assist, park assist plus or part assist remote. No idea how to tell which one your car's got, sorry!

Last edited by -peterp-; 07-23-2021 at 01:46 AM.
Old 07-23-2021, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by -peterp-
It's a separate item in configurator over here, Audi code is PCF. Has to be selected with others (ambient lighting, folding mirrors, comfort key) as of now. Check your original quote. I think you can tell by having the >>P button in the middle below lower screen, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkJw10mC_3k&t=51s. Found it?

EDIT: as per the user guide, your car has to be equipped with park assist, park assist plus or part assist remote. No idea how to tell which one your car's got, sorry!
unfortunately, US models do not allow self parking... at least for the 2019 A6... I have every option in my Prestige and it is not installed...
Old 07-23-2021, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yep, I don't have that button.
Old 07-26-2021, 01:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Steering wheel * button function can be reassigned by just holding this button - options then pop up on the main middle screen.
The following users liked this post:
Nightrider007 (10-04-2021)

Quick Reply: what did you discover in your A6 C8 today ?