A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

[RANT] AHHHRRRRRGGGGG! They messed up again!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [RANT] AHHHRRRRRGGGGG! They messed up again!

<rant on>
For a simple seat repair, my A6 4.2 has been in the shop for four days and is in for at least one to two more days.

Took the car in this past Tuesday after waiting 6 weeks for an appointment! Parts ordered for the seat. Wrong parts showed up Wednesday. Parts reordered. Not all the parts showed up Thursday. Parts reordered. Wrong parts showed up Friday. Parts reordered but may not make Monday shipment - may be Tuesday before they arrive. And I go out of town on Tuesday for the rest of the week to San Jose.

This happened to me this fall when they had to order parts - they messed up two subsequent orders then for a different repair.

I asked for the service manager tonite, but he had gone home. Boy, is he going to get an earful on Monday from me (politely, of course).

The dealer is Leith Audi in Cary, NC. The BMW dealer that treated me much, much better than this for a measly 328i (that they sold me new and under invoice) gave me infinitely better service - they are Performance BMW in Chapel Hill (part of the Hendrick group).

If anyone on this forum is considering Audi vs. BMW in the Triangle area, you may want to consider the dealer service. It just may not make Audi not seem the value it is.
<rant off>
Old 01-18-2002, 02:55 PM

Default Unfortunately, the service dept. has to be figured into the ownership equation

In some cities, this tips the balance towards Audi, in others towards BMW or Merc.

Fr'instance, I don't like my wife's Merc but I'm very impressed with Merc service depts. They have really decided to make a big effort to keep their customers happy, and perhaps for that reason they have a lot of repeat customers. Of course, they're also not supposed to dicker on MSRP so those lattes in the service drive get paid for somewhere!
Old 01-18-2002, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I have learned that the hard way.

For my first premium car, the BMW, I had great service. I assumed that all high end dealers would be the same. Boy, was I wrong.

I did do some research, but since Audis are not common where I work, I asked the Porsche owners I work with (same dealer). They had no problems at all with the service, which is in the same shop as the Audi. I assumed the back end operations were the same. So, I felt comfortable went I bought the Audi.

Well, as you can see, it hasn't turned out as I expected. Sigh.
Old 01-18-2002, 03:09 PM

Default Where in San Jose? Maybe a little out-of-towner get together?

Maybe coffee or beer and you get to see some west coast Audi's...
Old 01-18-2002, 03:10 PM

Default So what's their problem?

If they can run a Porsche shop, they should be able to handle Audis (unless they can't deal with the quantity). I'd be much more comfortable with that combo than with a VW/Audi shop.
Old 01-18-2002, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Sounds good to me. I was hoping someone would pick up on that. ;-)

But, I wasn't sure if anyone would be up for a weekday night get together.

I land just before 6 pm on Tuesday with nothing to do that night. Not sure yet if Wednesday night is free. Thursday night is not open.

I am staying at Westin in Santa Clara. I am open for suggestions. If I had to pick, I'd pick a microbrewery, JJ's Blues Bar, or a bar with good bourbon selections.

Heck, I'll even buy a round.

[I have no idea where the slashes before the apostrophes are coming from. I didn't add them.]
Old 01-18-2002, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Darn good question.

They also handle Jaguar out of the same shop. Lots of XK8s sold there.
Old 01-18-2002, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default My dealer sent the work out to a trim/interior shop. They may be the ones messing up. ask who

is going to do the actual work, and go see them
Old 01-18-2002, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Their own shop is doing the work. I had already checked into that.
Old 01-18-2002, 06:20 PM

Chuck, plese send me an e-mail and I'll see what I can put together.

Quick Reply: [RANT] AHHHRRRRRGGGGG! They messed up again!