A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

1st trip to Audi dealer for service afetr 3 yrs..last trip was to a Lexus dealer..a bit disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1st trip to Audi dealer for service afetr 3 yrs..last trip was to a Lexus dealer..a bit disappointed

the Service "advisor" was very bland and best customer service I got was from a parts guy.
Last trip to a "luxury" brand was to Lexus and they are leaps ahead in customer service.
This guy seemed like he was doing me a favor by taking my car in for service.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:51 AM
Fear the Miata!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear that.....all I can say is that my dealer treats me and others very well......
Old 05-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts
Default My last visit was a such a train wreck that I don't even go in for recalls anymore.

In stark contrast to the Service Advisor, the Parts Department and Technicians and awesome.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Lexus dealers are awesome! My local dealer gives free massages while our car is being serviced

don't get me wrong, I LOVE going to the Audi dealer, but they don't even slightly compare to how amazing the Lexus dealership is. In the past, I have compared our Lexus dealership to the Bellagio! With that said, I have found customer service to be identical. The folks at Audi could raise the standards for their dealerships, that's for sure.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:20 AM
Fear the Miata!

Default I think everyone's experience is different.......

maybe I just have a great rapport with the advisors, service manager and techs.....plus I do take advantage of the free car washes, and when I go for service I like to bring them donuts in the morning...but that's just me...8^)

Plus my local dealer is very involved in the local Auci Club Chapter, and is one of our sponsors.....that may have something to do with it as well......
Old 05-04-2006, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm not saying I've had any bad Audi experiences, I'm just saying Lexus dealerships are appointed...

very nicely. I love my Audi garage just as much as anyone else :-)
Old 05-04-2006, 09:33 AM

Free car washes? I'm lucky if my car doesn't come out more dirty than when it went in.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wasn't there a link to a datatbase to rate dealers here somewhere.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default With the dealers around here (New Country) you'd need a massage + happy ending....

and it still wouldn't be worth it. :-P
Old 05-04-2006, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default BMW best service ever!

I have to say my Audi service experience from purchase through service big and small (including timing belt change) was a big let down. I have tried almost all of the major dealers here in CT and they all treat you with distain. Like the moment you buy the car it becomes a piece of crap used car and they are doing you a favor by even talking to you.

On the other hand, I have a BMW (Z3) and they treat you like a god! Even though the car is older (only 15K on the odometer) they treat you and the car with respect. All the way from parts to service. For example, I went to my BMW dealer recently to buy some parts for the Z3, and while I was there, the Interstate Battery Truck was delivering car batteries. The bastard hit my car (rear passenger door) with his handtruck and put a nice crease in the door.

I only noticed after I left and went to Home Depot down the road. I called and then went back to the dealer and they signed me up for dent removal and said they'd cover the cost. (On the appointment day they shuttled me to my office many miles away too). When the car was done it was perfect, although they did ask that even though they said they'd cover the whole thing, it cost a boatload more than anticipated and they asked if I could kick in $60.00. Being that they could have told me to take a hike and car the Interstate guy, and they shuttled me and treat me like a king I reluctantly said no problem.

On my serivce to Audi on my A6 they rarely offer a shuttle let alone a loaner car.

And to top it off, all the BMW guys LOVED my A6 and couldn't believe it had 80K on the clock!

Quick Reply: 1st trip to Audi dealer for service afetr 3 yrs..last trip was to a Lexus dealer..a bit disappointed