A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

2.7t issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2.7Lturbo
no i will insult the guy.. having been the mechanic that has to repair these types of errors i do not find it funny. i HATED rebuilding transmissions because an oil change place draind the tranny and the guy drove off only to make it halfway down the street
Who said it was funny? I'm sure he finds it a lot less comical then anyone else on this site, including a professional mechanics as yourself.

Why do you care why you're rebuilding a tranny? Isn't that your passion as a mechanic? I could understand if you gave classes on how to do it and your student went back and jacked up a transmission or something....and you had to fix it...for free.

Either way, my real point was it's not necessary to personally insult anyone, especially on this forum when someone is looking for help. That's what this is here for. It's not an Audi Master Mechanic forum.

So next time you go to a lawyer, doctor, barber, butcher, etc...and you don't do something as well/have the same knowledge as them, be sure to request they demean and insult you publicly. I'm sure you won't mind, because you frustrate them for them doing what you're paying them to do.

Anyway, I'm done hijacking the thread for this.

Hope that tranny isn't done!
Old 07-23-2009, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

i enjoy working on cars, not on peoples mistakes.... sorry? seriously too many guys think they can pick up a wrench and start turning bolts without even READING a little bit on how to do it, im all for DIY but please read read reAD!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 2.7Lturbo
again.... coming from a former mechanic that had to work on this stuff EVERYDAY id take a triple square over any other type, ive NEVER stripped nor have i seen one stripped, i however have stripped and seen stripped just about everyother kind
This shows our difference in perspective. If I were a mechanic with a fully-stocked garage, I would probably agree with you. Then, it's just a matter of grabbing one socket over another, and the triple-square bolts do seem to resist stripping better. For us non-professionals, however, we may have the standard tools available, but it's a pain to have to buy specialized tools for a particular car. My local Autozone doesn't even carry triple-square sockets. I don't like having to run around town to buy a particular 12-point socket to remove the bracket to change a fuel filter when a standard metric bolt would have secured the bracket just as well.