A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

2.7t wheel offset requirement question

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HP2s are old sauce, measured breaking area and the ATEs have a slight edge in larger surface/piston ration, IE more bite from larger surface, and better piston pressure on pad/rotor sorry guys had to say it, but the HP2s were only good on the lighter S4, after doing lengthy research AUdi seemed to come to the same conclusion as me and from 2002 on had the large ATEs....
Old 05-19-2010, 01:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Wheels

Hey guys,

Finally dropped the hammer and purchased a set of Bremmer BR04's 18"s (couldn't afford 19"s)with kumho ecsta's (235x40x18). I think they look great and the car looks pretty good, will look much better when I get back from China and put springs on the car. I think 1.5" drop all the way around will be perfect. wheels have a 32mm offset and they fit nicely over the calipers.
Attached Images    
Old 05-19-2010, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The're not stock, surely they must be the HP2-2, with the red paint?
Old 05-20-2010, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good, although I hope they can survive the pot-hole streets of Syracuse! You might get some comments about how high the car looks now with the relatively smaller sidewall of the tire compared to the "gap" between the tire and the fender. You may want to drop the car a bit for looks, but you will sacrifice a bit of ride quality doing so.

BTW - I went to SU (architecture) years ago, and still follow the Orange. I miss the "stomp" at the Carrier Dome...
Old 05-21-2010, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2.7Lturbo
HP2s are old sauce, measured breaking area and the ATEs have a slight edge in larger surface/piston ration.....
Just an FYI if anyone is considering brake work, i.e rotors etc.. Both the HP and ATE calipers use a 321mm rotor, but there is a difference in the rotor hat heights. So you need to by the correct rotors for your calipers. Typically they say 4-pad (HPs) or 2-pads (ATE) when they need to differentiate between them.

More info here:
http://www.vaglinks.com/Docs/Audi/C5...akeSystems.pdf
http://www.vaglinks.com/Docs/Audi/C5...artNumbers.pdf

Just figured I would mention it.

Cheers
Massboykie
Old 05-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by massboykie
Just an FYI if anyone is considering brake work, i.e rotors etc.. Both the HP and ATE calipers use a 321mm rotor, but there is a difference in the rotor hat heights. So you need to by the correct rotors for your calipers. Typically they say 4-pad (HPs) or 2-pads (ATE) when they need to differentiate between them.

More info here:
http://www.vaglinks.com/Docs/Audi/C5...akeSystems.pdf
http://www.vaglinks.com/Docs/Audi/C5...artNumbers.pdf

Just figured I would mention it.

Cheers
Massboykie
LOL omg where was this post a week ago when my rear left brake disintegrated and i spent nearly two weeks trying to figure out why the hat height was so different on the rotors i got from bimmerparts.com....
Old 05-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Boston Driver
Looks good, although I hope they can survive the pot-hole streets of Syracuse! You might get some comments about how high the car looks now with the relatively smaller sidewall of the tire compared to the "gap" between the tire and the fender. You may want to drop the car a bit for looks, but you will sacrifice a bit of ride quality doing so.

BTW - I went to SU (architecture) years ago, and still follow the Orange. I miss the "stomp" at the Carrier Dome...
right on brother. Yeah I am in China right now for an internship (I haven't even seen the wheels, my dads driving it) but as soon as I get back I am buying springs. I think I am going to go 1.3" all around, it still gotta have some wintertime ground clearance.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a set of 18" replica RS6 wheels for my A6 2.7T and am not real happy. The web site said they would fit without spacers. Not true. I had to have them send me a set of 5mm spacers (no charge) to clear the front calipers. Then, I found that the lug bolts were not only too short, but the originals are "ball" type seats, and the new wheels required "cone type". They sent me a set with no added charge. Then, after I got them bolted on, I took it for a drive and found that I had HORRIBLE vibration at highway speeds. Turns out the hub diameter of the new wheels was larger, and they would not center on the hub when the bolts were tightened. So...I had to order some "hub centric rings" to take up the slack. Finally all is well, but beware of the potential hazards of non-stock wheels.