A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

A6 2.7T Suspension and packages

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2000, 07:51 PM
Rob

Default A6 2.7T Suspension and packages

What is the deal with the A6 suspension? I have seen a couple of dealerships that have sport suspensions. But I visited yet another Audi dealership and they told me that the sports package that is out now is only tires and front seats, but in the February production date, they are adding the sports suspension to the package? Is this correct? and has anyone tried this? Comments?

The other question is that the Audi dealership stated that they discontinued the Warm weather package, I dont care much for the fan option, but I wanted the rear sun shades as I travel to the west a lot. Is this true? I am about to purchase the 2.7T , trying to configure it. Thanks.

Rob Ex
Chicago, Illinois
Old 02-13-2000, 08:18 PM
James

Default Re: A6 2.7T Suspension and packages

I just ordered an A6 2.7T with the sports package, got confirmation it will be built during week 11 (March 6) and will have the new sports suspension, plus the tires, wheels & seats in the package. I was going to order the warm weather package, but didn't after I realized it wouldn't have a glass sunroof. Decided to tint windows instead.
Old 02-13-2000, 10:54 PM
RS

I was just at a dealer in San Jose, CA today asking about the "sport package". He acted as if he hadn't really heard about any suspension upgrade for this package - probably because he had a few 2.7Ts on the lot he wanted to sell. What is the suspension upgrade though? Anyone know? Is it the same Al suspension as on the 4.2? Also, why doesnt' the "sport package" include 17 inch wheels? I really don't like the looks of the 16 inch wheels in the current "sport package". If only I were CEO of Audi for a day....

On a side note: I've been driving Hondas and Acuras for the last 10 years and have enjoyed the driver visibility they offer. Though I'm really hot for the 2.7T I've noticed the visibility factor isn't as good. Not that this might be something I really notice during everyday driving... but something to consider before dropping $40k.
Old 02-14-2000, 05:46 AM
-DMR.

Just curious, when did you place your order? I placed an order with Clair six weeks ago and they tell me they don't have a production date yet. Can this be true? When do you expect your car to actually arrive if it is build the week of March 6?

-DMR.
Old 02-14-2000, 09:32 AM
s moyle

What sunroof comes with the warm whx pkg? I dont really care about the memory,homelink of the convenience package at all. If you get the sport package and no convenience package, do you get the three spoke sport steering wheel or a four spoke wheel with no radio controls??? SM
Old 02-14-2000, 09:42 AM
James

I told the dealer to place the order on 2/10, and he was able to put my specifications onto a car "already in the system", so it was not ordered from "scratch". As far as arrival, I was told approximately mid-April. Hope this helps.
Old 02-14-2000, 09:47 AM
James

The dealer says you get a steel sunroof (not glass) with the warm weather package, because of the fans that operate it. That's why I chose not to get this option. Don't know about the other things.
Old 02-14-2000, 09:58 AM
s moyle

What do you mean about fans that operate it?
Old 02-14-2000, 10:42 AM
James

From what I understand, the warm weather package includes a non-glass sunroof that operates a fan when the car is parked outside in the heat. The package also includes a power rear window shade, and manual side window shades. But I wanted a glass sunroof, and apparently with this option, that's not possible.
Old 02-14-2000, 02:03 PM
Jerry C.

Warm weather package has a solid roof with a fan that works off solar energy. I didn't get it because I too wanted the clear roof and I spent enough. It seems the tint in the roof works a lot better than my Infiniti since I always had to close the cover because the sun was too hot even in winter and I havent closed it yet on my Audi.

Quick Reply: A6 2.7T Suspension and packages