A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

A6 APR Performance Chip, yay or nay?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 06:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not jfonz? I have apr stage 1 tune .....its good but jfonz is 1/2 the price I hear nothing but good things about jfonz .....if I could do it again you can tune yourself free Nefmoto.com
Old 01-06-2013, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is true about nefmoto, but you must have patience. There is much to learn. You don't just hop on nefmoto and tune your car. There is a certain amount of skill to it, and it's just like anything else computer-related....be prepared to have problems, and be prepared to wait for answers (that is unless you have an expert nearby who is willing to help).

It took me a week just to get the stupid pc communicating with the ecu properly. It would freeze in the middle of a flash or read and this was with two different computers. If you go this route, make sure you have a working ecu that will run your car in between problems.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forgot about this post :P

I had gotten the APR full package from Goodspeed Performance in Phoenix, AZ.

I went there to have it flashed and it took the guy about an hour before he came in and says to me "The guy at APR that was giving me direction on how to tune it, messed up and told me to do the wrong thing so your ECU is frozen. The guy that's usually the guy I talk to was out to lunch unfortunately."

So I was given a free rental car for 2 days, they sent my ECU to APR and a couple days later I get my car and I was good to go, they showed me how it worked and everything. I get in and my check engine light was on (was on before I went in) and the light that has the "!" with a circle around it and an arrow pointing to other side was on as well. I didn't know at the time, but my car was in limp mode and was super slow and weak. I pulled over and reset my system and put in the program for 91 octane and then it worked, and since then it has been great!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KingHamer
I forgot about this post :P

I had gotten the APR full package from Goodspeed Performance in Phoenix, AZ.

I went there to have it flashed and it took the guy about an hour before he came in and says to me "The guy at APR that was giving me direction on how to tune it, messed up and told me to do the wrong thing so your ECU is frozen. The guy that's usually the guy I talk to was out to lunch unfortunately."

So I was given a free rental car for 2 days, they sent my ECU to APR and a couple days later I get my car and I was good to go, they showed me how it worked and everything. I get in and my check engine light was on (was on before I went in) and the light that has the "!" with a circle around it and an arrow pointing to other side was on as well. I didn't know at the time, but my car was in limp mode and was super slow and weak. I pulled over and reset my system and put in the program for 91 octane and then it worked, and since then it has been great!
I guess you were lucky then, because I sent them my ecu too. They screwed it up and two more just like it before I said, "no", this is dumb. I have to get Audi to fix this.