A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

The A6 Owners Manual (...er CD)

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The A6 Owners Manual (...er CD)

Greetings and Happy Thanksgiving all.

I just received my A6 Owner's Manual and was pleasantly surprised with the packaging and CD (wow, "high tech"). But was disappointed that the CD provides nothing more than a cursory consideration of setting the clock, resetting the trip odometer, etc. For such a sophisticated machine I expected a book.

Is there a manual that details the programming of the dashboard computer/trip meter/speed warning/etc?

Thanks in advance,

--BEAU
Old 11-28-2002, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If you mean the Bentley CD, that is a service manual. Owners manuals can be obtained in print form

Just buy a new car!

Seriously, I think there are some sources of
manuals listed in the <A HREF="http://www.netwiz.net/~jds/files/a6_links.html">A6 FAQ</A>. Just search the page for "owners manual".
Old 11-28-2002, 01:24 PM

Default Owners manuals can be obtained in print form...?

Stoney,

I just took delivery of my 2002 4.2, and it was accompanied by the aforementioned CD. The CD is helpful, but hardly comprehensive.

The A6 FAQ link to PDF manuals (via www.datafields...etc) isn't working (in either IE or Netscape).

I remain open to other suggestions for a hard copy manual.

--BEAU
Old 11-28-2002, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm confused about which manual you received. My 2001 came with print owners manual...

... and I later bought a Bentley CD service manual. You seem to be seeking an owners manual. I am not clear what was on your CD.

All the links work for me. Note that the link to the PDF "quick start" guide will take a long time, as it is 7.2MB. Best to download it to disk by right-clicking on the link, then come back in 20 minutes to look for it on your hard drive where you downloaded it.

<A HREF="http://www.netwiz.net/~jds/files/a6_links.html">A6 FAQ</A>
Old 11-28-2002, 05:42 PM

Default Re: I'm confused about which manual you received. My 2001 came with print owners manual...

Thank you Stoney.

I received the "2002 A6/A6 Avant "Owner's Manual" which is a CD.

I'll try the link again-- now that I know it takes a while I'll do as you suggest.

--BEAU
Old 11-28-2002, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Interesting...no CD here, just an outdated manual (covering some things such as

passenger seat memory, Recaro's, etc. that don't exist in '03 or in the US), but no CD. Did you receive a printed owners manual as well (in a black folding booklet with a maintenance schedule, radio manual, et al.?).

?

Beau - we'll be in Honolulu Thurs. thru Sun. next week...will e-mail details...hope we can connect.

-Larry
Old 11-29-2002, 04:03 AM

Default Re: The A6 Owners Manual (...er CD)

I'm pretty sure that I received the print owners manual in the car as well as the CD Rom when I purchased my 2001. The CD is pretty cursory as you suggested. Try checking with the dealer. Maybe they forgot to give you the print manual as well? That definitely has all of the detailed instructions about the warning lights etc.
Old 11-29-2002, 04:45 AM
CEB
AudiWorld Super User

Default Did you look under your steering wheel?

The book might just be lurking there....
Old 11-29-2002, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Interesting...no CD here, just an outdated manual (covering some things such as

Hi Larry,

No Owner's Manual, just the cd. I'll probably call the dealer and inquire since the cd is helpful but hardly comprehensive.

RE: Honolulu, I'll e-mail you.

--BEAU
Old 11-29-2002, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Did you look under your steering wheel?

Yes I just did, nada. But thanks for the suggestion.

--BEAU

Quick Reply: The A6 Owners Manual (...er CD)