A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

A6 sports package w/ sports suspension

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-1999, 10:21 AM
RC

Default A6 sports package w/ sports suspension

Confirmed by Audi dealer. Audi just added sports suspension on the 2000 A6 sports package. For $1000, you get sports seats, sports wheels & firmer suspension.
Old 12-27-1999, 10:41 AM
Steve R.

Default I thought...

it was $1400 and only included the sport seats and wheels. No mention was made of a firmer suspension.
Old 12-27-1999, 10:50 AM
SAR

Default Do you know the real date this was added into production cars?

I paid the old $750 upcharge, for seats and (ugly) wheels. But a recent post claimed the new suspension was effective with cars made 11/99 and after.

So will I be getting suspension for free, or will I have just missed the cutoff?

Inquiring minds need to know!!
Old 12-27-1999, 11:15 AM
Steve R.

Not that I doubt it, but if it's true SAR, we got ripped off.
Old 12-27-1999, 11:17 AM
RC

Default Re: I thought...

I ordered a 2.7T in 11/99 wo/sports suspension because I didn't want to pay $800 just for seats & ugly wheels. But the dealer told me yesterday they missed the production for their next fleet of cars. So mine won't be available until 3/00. Just by chance, I asked if sports suspension is available for the newer ones, he said "YES". For $1000 you get the wheels & seats + firmer ride. I think this is the only time I'll think I'm lucky for not being able to get the car sooner.
Old 12-27-1999, 11:33 AM
Steve R.

Default By the way, I will be calling the dealer to see what's up....

because my car doesn't go into production until the third week in Jan.

This is another example of Audi's mickey mouse option production schedule. All of us who ordered the seat/wheel combo should have been the first notified of this change in option packages. Especially since most of us who have ordered it have yet to have their cars put into production yet.
Old 12-27-1999, 01:21 PM
DKM

Default Re: A6 sports package w/ sports suspension

A reliable source informed me of an after market suspension upgrade(new coils) for the A6. I believe this to be very true, since it would be a very logical upgrade for this vehicle.
Old 12-27-1999, 06:31 PM
Steve R.

Default Great timing, I've....

scoured the Audiusa website for both the 2.7T and 4.2 and they still list the sport package as the wheels/seats. I'll be talking to the dealer tomorrow; so I'll let you know what my guy says. I hope it's not to late for me.
Old 12-28-1999, 04:33 AM
BrianK

Default Re: A6 sports package w/ sports suspension

What are the sport seats like? Are they similar to the S4 seats? Would the "sports wheels" be the Avus style wheels found on the European S6? (Hopefully) Which A6 is this for? Is it included for the 4.2?
Old 12-28-1999, 10:02 AM
mentally challenged

Why dont you check www.audiusa.com for answers to these simple questions?

Quick Reply: A6 sports package w/ sports suspension