A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Achtuning 18" DTM RS4 - anyone had them actually ship you the wheels yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: They do read these forums and I bet they are aware.

I've emailed them this thread to make sure they are aware. The internet hands power back to the customers in a non-monopoly situation
Old 10-13-2003, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Correct me if I'm wrong...

but a group buy is a pool of money that buys a set amount of product after the money has been collected.

The order followed by shipping commences after all the money has been collected.

It takes a fair bit of time to ship pallet loads of wheels from Italy to the US.

A group buy allows a business owner to use your money to stock their shelves. A win-win deal for both parties.

If you see your wheels inside of a month after the initial order I would consider the deal a success.

Josh and Ben are stand up guys.
I've seen the wheels in person and they are worth the wait.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Here are the facts

1. Group buy announced on 10/2
2. "We only have a limited number of sets available at this price. They won't last long!" that means to me they are in country.
3. My order was placed on 10/3.
4. I sent 2 follow up e-mails in 10/5 and 10/6 to inquire about shipping.
5. Got phone call on 10/6 (I think) from Josh explaining that it was a group buy, that they needed to get everything together, and that the wheels should ship last week.
6. ON 10/7 - order status changed to "billed". I am confirming today of the credit card was charged.
7. Tirerack.com tires dleivered 2 days after ordered, now sitting around waiting for wheels.
8. I will need to make a special trip back down to the dealer to do the wheels/tires (as they are doing them for free as a favor to me)<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1412522.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1412522.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 10-13-2003, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default It is illegal to charge a card before an item has shipped ya know?

Thats what Ive been told by many merchants in the past. If your card was charged today and you have no tracking # by tomorrow afternoon, I'd be a little upset myself to say the least.

One of my biggest petpeves is lack of communication.

"Hey, if you ain't got my money at least tell me. But don't dodge me."

Same goes with any deal. Achtuning should not ignore their customers and up until this string of threads I always imagined they were %100 on the level. Guess we'll see......
Old 10-13-2003, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Correct me if I'm wrong...

I actually had no idea there was a group buy when I ordered. No where on the website is this mentioned. What your saying is normally true, but that is not what Achtuning is representing here. I spoke with Josh last Tuesday and he said they were shipping wheels out the door. He did not say that it would be a month or that the wheels were not in stock. In any case, even if all of your statements are true, it doesn't excuse the fact that I don't hear back from repeated emails and voicemails. If an order is going to take a month the right thing to do is to set that expectation to your customer, not to ignore them and then when they finally manage to get in touch with you, tell them the wheels are going out right away.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:54 AM

Default Re: It is illegal to charge a card before an item has shipped ya know?

My card was charged 10/6...
Old 10-13-2003, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Okay...

but SOP is: ordered product once all the orders are taken. The only negative part of a group buy is the wait.
That's why you get a break in the price.

I understand your take on the post. I had the same impression that wheels were in the store. It should have been spelled out from the get go.

Charging your credit card in a group buy before your item ships is also the norm.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Maybe, but that's how a group buy works...

The cash from the buyer buys the product.

I can't explain Achtuning's lack of communication.

I would do it differently.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I totally agree..

I'm not defending Achtuning. I'm just pointing out that in a group buy shipping does not usually happen once you place the order.

If you ordered your wheels off their website without knowledge of the group buy (or group buy price) than you should get a detailed shipping explanation and no charge on your card until the wheels ship. You should pay full retail price.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:11 AM

Default Re: I totally agree..

I paid the price that is on the website. There is no mention of a group buy even as of right now. As a customer, am I supposed to be expected to somehow know that this is a group buy and not a sale price.

Rally - I normally would agree with you 100% and have done group buys in the past. The situation here is quite different.

Quick Reply: Achtuning 18" DTM RS4 - anyone had them actually ship you the wheels yet?