A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Achtuning 18" DTM RS4 - anyone had them actually ship you the wheels yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was in there last Friday, and wheels were arriving from

delivery and going to shipping. Don't know whose wheels they were as I didn't look at the shipping labels. They were being checked for proper order and full packaging (lugs, wheels-covers where applicable).

As a comparison: Several years ago (you long-time AWers will remember) there was a group buy on S6 Avus wheels. After the order period "closed" the wheels had to be ordered. After shipping to the US they had to be sent to their new owners. The "conductor" of this GB lives in Oregon and the wheels were shipped to a warehouse in Washington. Since I live nearby, I drove to the warehouse and picked up my wheels. Total time from order to wheels-in-my-trunk: about 3 months. Not sure how some of you guys would "hold up" under such a program today.

For comparison, I paid about $215 per wheel for OEM S6 Avus wheels, including shipping, protective packaging, insurance, and a small "adjustment" so that the one set the "conductor" bought (at full price) would be reduced to what every one else was paying...fair, IMO. I "saved" the US shipping to me by picking up at the warehouse. The next year, the same GB cost over $350 per wheel shipped to your door as the wheel price, shipping, insurance, exchange-rate had all changed! Audi charged something like $450/wheel then, I think.

Cheers, and keep cool. The wheels are worth it! I know...I have them.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I think you're a victim of bad timing...

you bought at the same time Achtuning advertised a group buy on AW.
Maybe you are being inadvertantly treated as though you ordered (and charged) through the group buy because of the order timing?

No excuse other than a logical explanation.
I would point out in my next conversation or email that you are paying full price.

I don't think Actuning owes you any money back, just an explanation.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:50 AM
Josh@StatusRacing

YGM
Old 10-13-2003, 10:01 AM
Josh@StatusRacing

Default We are working feverishly here to get about 20+ sets of wheels out the door

Our shipping guy was out sick 3 days last week and this certainly didn't help matters much! Rest assured that your wheels will be leaving here as soon as humanly possible. Please call us and we will be happy to tell you exactly where in the "Que" your order is! I'm terribly sorry about this, we sold way more wheels than we were expecting and I'm tyring to bring in an extra person part time this week to get them all shipped!!
Old 10-13-2003, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Expert

got it....thanks!!
Old 10-13-2003, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's good customer service! I wish Audi would monitor this board (or at least admit it).
Old 10-13-2003, 10:50 AM

Default Re: I think you're a victim of bad timing...

well, i wouldn't pay full price because I paid the price advertised on the website
Old 10-13-2003, 10:59 AM

Default Re: We are working feverishly here to get about 20+ sets of wheels out the door

Thank you for your response Josh. While I would have preferred a personal response to my email Friday or this morning, at least I know your still there. I'm glad your adding on to your staff for obvious reasons. If I were in your position I would volunteer to refund at least part of the shipping fee. I'm not demanding this, but it would be a nice gesture to apologize for the holdup.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:00 AM

keep in mind i emailed him the forum link this morning
Old 10-13-2003, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Obviously it's a small business. I wouldn't be surprised if "the shipping guy"...

... was the same as the "sales guy" and the "guy who checks emails." It's tough to be a small business when you compete with the likes of TireRack. That said, responsiveness is the name of the game.

Quick Reply: Achtuning 18" DTM RS4 - anyone had them actually ship you the wheels yet?