A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

aftermarket headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default aftermarket headlights

Has anyone on here gone with any aftermarket headlight assembly? If so which ones any photos? I have a few in mind but my concern is how they might look once on the car. 2001 A6 2.7t Any suggestions or photos would be appreciated.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would stay away from aftermarket, unless they are from hella. Hint on L.E.D, if factory ones fail, what of aftermarket? Unless you're getting angel eyes?, let me turn my Audi into a BMW? Aside from the "rice" factor, what of fitment? Quality? Aftermarket headlights are made with the cheapest components. Upgrade with OEM, well worth the money.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by UncleScar
I would stay away from aftermarket, unless they are from hella. Hint on L.E.D, if factory ones fail, what of aftermarket? Unless you're getting angel eyes?, let me turn my Audi into a BMW? Aside from the "rice" factor, what of fitment? Quality? Aftermarket headlights are made with the cheapest components. Upgrade with OEM, well worth the money.
Thanks, ive been looking at everything from Hella to r8 style to s5 style to angel eye. I have the halogen so I've also considered switching to the stock hid. or the euro xenon but i don't know exactly what all goes into doing that conversion. I don't want a cheap look and i don't want a bmw look. i just hate how my stock ones look and they recently broke so its time for new ones anyways.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default fk headlights?

Has anyone had any experience with fk headlights good or bad?
Old 10-02-2014, 01:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Fk brand is decent, they have all euro.. since you have halogen you've got a good variety of styles. Audi drivers know which style of lights are on what model, so to get newer model style lights would come off as cheesy. You can get OEM replacement and paint them, or find some allroad lights and paint those also. The allroad lights look cool though, FK has a set that kind of look like them. H.I.d. is a whole different thing, you can get a set that replaces the halogen, or get the H.I.D headlights and for a few hundred more get the ballasts and bulbs. The halogen replacement is much more cost effective...... There's a write up on how to strip down headlights for painting, type headlights in search this forum box, I seen you ask on another thread.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by UncleScar
The Fk brand is decent, they have all euro.. since you have halogen you've got a good variety of styles. Audi drivers know which style of lights are on what model, so to get newer model style lights would come off as cheesy. You can get OEM replacement and paint them, or find some allroad lights and paint those also. The allroad lights look cool though, FK has a set that kind of look like them. H.I.d. is a whole different thing, you can get a set that replaces the halogen, or get the H.I.D headlights and for a few hundred more get the ballasts and bulbs. The halogen replacement is much more cost effective...... There's a write up on how to strip down headlights for painting, type headlights in search this forum box, I seen you ask on another thread.
Thanks for all the advice and info. all is appreciated.