A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Any thoughts on colors / interior combos for S6?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2001, 07:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any thoughts on colors / interior combos for S6?

Ordering mine this week. Thinking Atlas / Ebony, but haven't seen many in the flesh yet. Any thoughts appreciated...
Old 11-05-2001, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My ideal combo would be Atlas ( 4A4A ) with the Silver alcantra ( PLE, ZP ).

I have a grey with black car, and the interior is a little dark. When I redo the interior of my car, it will be a medium/light grey just to brighten it up a little.

If you can, find an S4 with the Silver interior and see what you think. If you can't find that, find an A6 with a Platinum interior. Imagine it somewhat lighter.
Old 11-05-2001, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Don't you read wes1856, the S6 is not worth it??? ;)

Just kidding, obviously...black alcantara is the only way to go interior-wise (IMO) for $250 it's a steal.
Atlas is great, will be very understated as would silver...someone had pics of the Atlas last week.
Green is really classy, as are Ming Blue and Black.
I'm not a big fan of the whites...but they certainly would be different...just seem odd on a sort of big wagon.
Amulet, hopefully, will be rare...I think of it as the red version of Nogaro Blue...maybe not very classy, but cool nonetheless...very creamy and smooth color.
Nemo Blue would have been awesome.

Enjoy...ignore the crappola below
Old 11-05-2001, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Get red....they ship those cars out first!
Old 11-05-2001, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is it about a white A6? It looks HUGE in lighter colors.
Old 11-05-2001, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Color

Atlas grey is stunning. It looked great with the black interior. I am also wondering what it would be like with the silver interior. If anyone has seen one, would love to hear the comments.
Old 11-05-2001, 08:38 AM

Default This is why I harp so much on seeing colors in person

I know I sound like a broken record ... oh excuse me how old school, I mean a corrupted MP3 file ... but different cars really do wear different colors differently. And they look different in different light.

You're right, an A6 is white is huge. Surprisingly, I find that silver is also sometimes not flattering.
Old 11-05-2001, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yeah, the silver wagon is not for me...but on a fat 4.2 it is sweet...

Big white wagons are a little shocking to the eye...but maybe that's good for some. I'm glad they have all those funky colors that I don't like...so that everything doesn't look the same. I'm one to talk with the ubiquitous silver Audi.
Old 11-05-2001, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yeah, no kidding, it's like being penny wise and dollar stupid....

Why stop at the S6?? I don't think ANY Audi, BMW or Mercedes or other highline foreign car is worth the money other than being a lifestyle decision and looking cool...

In the land of 65mph speed limits and grit lock traffic, about the only car that would make REAL economic sense in a frugal manner is probably a Ford Taurus V6 or toyota Camry or similar car of that class..

Let's face it, we buy cars to make a statement and look cool.. and as far as I'm concerned the S6 is the coolest car out of the A6 lineup..
Old 11-05-2001, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The "silver" interior is really more like "white"...that's OK, if you like white, but...

I guess I just like darker colors...the silver, I think would look "stunning", but I guess the potential for discoloration over time would keep me away from it...I like it to look brand new.

Quick Reply: Any thoughts on colors / interior combos for S6?