A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Anyone else think their A6/S6 is getting "tired" looking???

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else think their A6/S6 is getting "tired" looking???

Ok, perhaps this is because the S6 has been washed only once since moving in August...and I'm really just trying to stir things up a bit as the forum is really dragging during the holiday time (and I'm working at a slower hospital this month and I've got not much to do right now)...but I really noticed when my S6 was parked next to the new A8, that the current A6 body-style, which looked so "timeless" a couple years ago, is now looking quite dated. The interior looks even more dated when compared to the A8.

Not bashing the A6/S6...just I guess I am feeling the itch to get something new...and fresh looking...and really wish Audi would get that damn Pikes Peak here...I am willing to wait until the summer if the PP will be here by then...otherwise I gotta go with something else. Despite their "issues", I have enjoyed these Audis more than any other vehicles I've ever owned and would really like to get another Audi...but nothing (except the gigantic and gigantically priced A8) would suit my situation...
Old 12-19-2003, 11:41 AM

Default I've grown to like the C5 looks more w/ age, espec. compared to the competition. But...

I do have gadget envy of the newer platforms, MMI, real navigation system, etc.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default No, but I am getting "tired" of you making that comment. <edited>

Hurry up and get an A8 already (and don't give us that crap about waiting for a short version).

&lt;edit&gt; Go park your S6 next to a new S4 and you'll feel better. &lt;/edit&gt;

Hey, you wanted to stir things up
Old 12-19-2003, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I kinda think the same thing when I see the S6 next to the newer stuff.

I was at the dealer today to pick up my plates and I parked next to a new white A8L and a new silver S4 Avant. The S4s back end looks very chisled &amp; muscular next to the squatty roundness of the S6. Bouth look great from the back but there is something about the S4 Avant that I really like. The A8s are awesome as well. The new A4/S4 sedans have really grown on me too.

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the looks of my S6. I just picked up my summer wheels mounted w/ new tires today &amp; will probably throw them on for the weekend since no snow is predicted for a while. A little modding now &amp; then keeps if fresh! :-)
Old 12-19-2003, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I agree. I just had my A6 in for the 40000 mile check up and

the A4 and A8 really make the A6 look old. I am very happy with my car and service and would like to buy another Audi but I can not see myself buying the current body stile again when the new version is just around the corner.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Nah, I'd get the long one...Larry wants the shorty...

If I had the jack, the A8 would be ordered already...but the cave, the home theatre, and the incoming kids have made me eligible for food stamps...
Old 12-19-2003, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Are we getting the short wheelbase version?

If the short wheel-base A8 were imported to the U.S I would cut off a finger to get one.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'll love my S6 again when I get off my lazy a*s and wash it!

Had to wait for the water softener to be hooked up...but then realized the outside water is still hard!!! Now I gotta get a soft-water outside faucet to avoid the calcium crap...damn...
Old 12-19-2003, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I don't think that is a requirement...

but rumor is that it is coming...at least in S-form.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I think the S6 is one of those cars that looks timeless at some angles, awkward at others.

Quick Reply: Anyone else think their A6/S6 is getting "tired" looking???