A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Anyone have both the Audi phone AND the navigation system? Need Info!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have both the Audi phone AND the navigation system? Need Info!

I have been having a problem where my NAV system voice keeps cutting out to a very low volume. After many attempts and trips to the dealer for a fix (new NAV in trunk, new radio, new NAV/Phone speaker), it is not fixed. Latest theory from the tech is that some input for the phone is turning the NAV voice -way- down. I don't have a phone, but he thinks some control goes south depending on temperature and/or other factors.

The question I have is that if the NAV is on and you are using the phone, does the NAV voice get drastically muted? I have tried the volume settings for both radio and phone on the NAV, but it doesn't seem to affect the problem. Besides, the settings seem odd - the "radio" one affects voice volume with or without the radio and the radio mute seems unaffected by that setting.

TIA for any feedback anyone can give. It is a small dealership and they don't see many cars with either NAV or the phone let alone the two together. AoA has not been of much help on troubleshooting this one.

Thanks!

- Tom
Old 02-06-2002, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default This situation is addressed in the seperate radio manual...

sorry I don't remember the details.
Old 02-06-2002, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default No. I could talk normally via hands free and the Nav voice would continue at the

preset volume which was set at a mid volume level. One thing to note is that if the car was off and I was talking on the phone and then turned the key to start the car it would route all sound to the phone speaker.

If the radio was on it would cut out as it does normally but for just a moment it would be substantially muted while mixing with the phone sound coming out of the one speaker. Weird but it never really caused me any concern because it was an uncommon circumstance.

I had the factory(dealer) installed Audi phone with hands free through the system with a Bose head unit and the unit set to "BOSE."

Brian
Old 02-07-2002, 01:49 AM

Thanks Brian. Another theory shot to h---.