A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Audi Care

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Care

Hello All: I just purchased a 2006 A6 (3.2 Quattro) through CarMax. When registering with Audi of America as the current owner of the car, I was told that my car had Audi Care, purchased by the previous owner.

On a subsequent call, I was told by another Audi "Customer Care Advocate" that because I didn't purchase the car directly through an Audi dealer, that the Audi Care was no longer valid.

I've been to my local dealership and looked online, and all the materials I've found say that the coverage is non-transferable and "remains with the vehicle". There is "no transfer fee to the new owner."

Before I go to California Consumer Affairs about this, I'd like to solicit your experences. Does Audi honor its commitment to Audi Care purchased by a previous owner, or do they not?

I'm still thrilled to own my first Audi, and hope this confusion over the remaining pre-paid maintenance can be satisfactorily resolved.

Thanks for your input!

What has been your experience with Audi on this issue?
Old 03-18-2009, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Lol

Originally Posted by Richard_in_SD
Hello All: I just purchased a 2006 A6 (3.2 Quattro) through CarMax. When registering with Audi of America as the current owner of the car, I was told that my car had Audi Care, purchased by the previous owner.

On a subsequent call, I was told by another Audi "Customer Care Advocate" that because I didn't purchase the car directly through an Audi dealer, that the Audi Care was no longer valid.

I've been to my local dealership and looked online, and all the materials I've found say that the coverage is non-transferable and "remains with the vehicle". There is "no transfer fee to the new owner."

Before I go to California Consumer Affairs about this, I'd like to solicit your experences. Does Audi honor its commitment to Audi Care purchased by a previous owner, or do they not?

I'm still thrilled to own my first Audi, and hope this confusion over the remaining pre-paid maintenance can be satisfactorily resolved.

Thanks for your input!

What has been your experience with Audi on this issue?

NT
Old 03-18-2009, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

This is the C5 forum