A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Audi service sucks

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That's it for Carlsen then... (long, unhappy)

...they suck!

I too called for my 5K service appointment and was told Aug 9th or Aug 6th (morning/evening shift). I was further told (after asking) that they have an arrangement with Enterprise that I can partake of if I wish for $37/day rental cars. The wait isn't so bad for me, and certainly not all dealers give loaners (even to people who bought from them), but they were not interested in answering some of my questions and were quite cold and unhelpful in general.

The flavor of this phone call has just nailed shut a pretty crappy experience all 'round with this dealership. I've had the car for about 14 weeks and have not heard from them! Crap, I call and thank clients of my company who spend 1/20th what I did there! It's about relationship building to me - you never know who will appreciate the little things and become an ongoing customer.

I'm open to suggestions (please!) on dealers and names of where to go and who to see, but my relationship is over with Carlsen. Would prefer East Bay (but I was prepared for the 50 mile trip to Palo Alto).

I'm loving my car more now than when I took delivery, but Audi has a long road ahead getting their dealer network into shape.

I sure do look forward to buying an S6 and possibly a TT over the next couple years from a dealer who gives a ****...just don't know which one that is yet! Guess I'll try to make a connection as I get the current car serviced.

Personals Ad:
Looking for someone to love [my car and car habit], tolerant of obsessions with machines [car] and who is willing to take lots of my money. No prenup necessary, just give me some [wide open] space[s] to enjoy my [driving] freedom.
Old 07-05-2001, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default East Bay: Go to Diablo Audi in Concord

I don't recall hearing negative stuff from Steve S. or Johannes when they take their cars there (other than my one complaint, which is distance for us Southeast Bay folks). My 5k service there was great.
Old 07-05-2001, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks Wireless, I'll consider them - or maybe drive to Newport Beach for service!!!
Old 07-05-2001, 08:03 PM

Default A different experience at Rusnak in CA

Took my A6 2.7T to Rusnak in Thousand Oaks California for a 10K service and fuel sender recall. What is it with two of these so far! Service was courteous and prompt. The place is a bit of a mess now as they are preparing to build a new Audi facility. A little delay in getting my car back was taken care of by Richard Jones (sales)who sold me the car. He basically did the other guy's job when he discovered I had been waiting for a few minutes. I wasn't exactly in a hurry as I was looking at new Porsches in the showroom.
Old 07-05-2001, 09:08 PM
Tri

Default How about Rector

I work closer to Rector and am thinking about giving it a try, although I have bought 3 cars from Carlsen in the last 2 years, Porsche 993, VW Passat GLX, and Audi A6 4.2. Guess I don't learn... but their sales service is half way decent...

My friend at work who has an S4 told me he had to wait only 4 days to have his car serviced at Rector.

I will call them tomorrow and report back.
Old 07-06-2001, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Rector is excellent...see Andie or Dan