A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Battery dead cant get in to car

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery dead cant get in to car

Hello everyone.. Need your help here bad.
I have a 2002 Audi A6 2.7T. the key hole on door is broken, and my battery is dead. I cant open the car!!! I cant open using the trunk key hole because battery is to weak to open locks from doors,, I can access the trunk but cant get in to cabin...
Is there anyway to either open the hood to access battery,or a way to open the locks?
Old 10-09-2012, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Have you tried holding the unlock button down to see if someone at some point added the window down feature? Just a thought
Old 10-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Battery is dead
Old 10-09-2012, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Have you checked to see if the back seats are unlocked? Maybe you get lucky and you're able to push the seat down from inside the trunk.

Better jiggle the sh*t out of the key in that broken key hole and pray it works, or @ some point or you're gonna have to sacrifice something (a backseat, front grill.. a window etc).
Old 10-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Back seats are nice and locked so cant gain access that way.. The key hole not only is it broken, but its not the original door so the key does not work.. Sounds loke im screwed.. Freaking Audi's
Old 10-09-2012, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Idk, if sacrificeing something is a must..... if worst comes to worst have a locksmith look at the lock or something.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm sure this is a stupid & dangerous suggestion as can be, but somehow I can't stop myself from suggesting it?

Is it possible to jump-start the car from the starter solenoid (right behind the alternator under the passenger side of the car). Positive to starter, negative to the engine block somewhere..

But with that you run the risk of the car running you over if you're actually able to get it started!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yea im thinking the same.. I have read that the door locking system works by air, and that if i can locate the air pump, and put air in to the hose by compressor, it may unlock.. they say this is located in the trunk somewhere.. Has anyone ever heard of this?
Old 10-09-2012, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by junior7577
Yea im thinking the same.. I have read that the door locking system works by air, and that if i can locate the air pump, and put air in to the hose by compressor, it may unlock.. they say this is located in the trunk somewhere.. Has anyone ever heard of this?
This sounds like an option, let me see what I can find on that... ignore my previous post.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by junior7577
Not having much luck with this, I think our system is actually electric(?).

Any chance you have roadside assistance? It's kind of the same situation for when you lock your keys in the car I would think.

Quick Reply: Battery dead cant get in to car