A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Big News (for me)! I just purchased a 2001 A6 2.7T 6spd!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big News (for me)! I just purchased a 2001 A6 2.7T 6spd!

So, the lease on my A4 was running out and it was time for something bigger. I was about to give up hope of finding a 6spd A6 when I literally stumbled across this car. It had just been received at the dealer (Audi Of Wallingford, CT) this past weekend and never even made it to their advertisements. I test drove it on Monday and decided it was too good to pass up. Picked it up last night and the rest is history... :&gt

Here are the stats...

2001 A6 2.7T 6spd - 47K miles
Ming Blue
Royal Blue/Vanilla Leather
Premium Pkg
Sport Pkg
Luxury Pkg
Cold Weather Pkg
Guidance Pkg
Bose Speakers
Rear Side Airbags
Sunshades
Certified Pre-Owned

Initial impressions...

Power - Awesome. Definitely a bit quicker/faster than my 3.0 A4. I'm still getting used to driving it and finding the right shift points, sweet spots, etc, so I imagine it will only get better.

Ride/Handling - The ride is softer than I'm used to, but not too soft. Much more compliant than my A4. I'm not sure whether I'll look at suspension upgrades or not yet. The steering feel is very light, but I'm sure that's something I'll get used to as well.

Interior - The interior and trunk are huge! Lots of space and lots of nice features. The sport seats are awesome and fit like a glove. I'm definitely a big fan of the color combo too.

Exterior - Everything looks great. I can't wait to put my 4.2 sport pkg wheels on in the spring to dress it up and widen the stance a bit. 235/45R17 is the tire size, correct?

Finally, I have to say that I'm looking forward to participating on the A6 forum. I've been on AW for the better part of 6 years now and I've already been digging through the A6 archives and finding lots of great info about these beasts. My first projects will be hardwiring my V1 and iPod. Looks like the V1 is pretty similar to the A4 install. As far as the iPod, I need to find out if my Icelink v1.1 from my Symphony II will work with the Symphony I. Anybody know?

Thanks for reading! Pics and much more to come...

Shaun
Old 12-09-2004, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Congrats! Sounds like a nice car!

and you will definitely enjoy it! Don't forget to check out Stoney's Links (see the link above my sig pic). Bookmark that one...LOTS of useful stuff there.

As far as suspension, you at least are starting out where many of us did not...You have the sport package which has an upgraded sway bar and shocks and springs that are a bit lower. However, most here have upgraded to H-Sport sways, and aftermarket springs/shocks or coilovers. Myself, I upgraded from a non-sport to the PSK swaybar (what you have now) and it was an improvement. I also upgraded to Bilstein/H&R springs, but I am switching to H&R Coilovers in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, welcome to the A6 forum!
Old 12-09-2004, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Congrats!

You can look forward to many hours caressing your paint job to rid it of the swirl menace. Now would be a good time to as for a Porter Cable polisher for Christmas. Ah, and I see you have the Vanilla interior. Better get yourself some interior cleaning supplies as well. ;-)

Tire size is correct.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks! Already bookmarked Stoney's links. Great info there.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Good man. Now, where in CT are you located?

I am in MA (obviously from my name). We have had a few meets over the last several months...mostly MA, NH, and RI folks. Not sure if you are near the MA border or not.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

very nice...guess we'll be seeing you in these parts now..so welcome ;-)
Old 12-09-2004, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I hear ya. It's definitely going to be a labor of love...
Old 12-09-2004, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm in Middletown, but I get up that way occasionally. I'll keep my eye out for meets in the area.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:34 AM

Default Congratulations and good luck! A word of advice about that beautiful vanilla interior...

It is a BIOTCH to keep clean. Don't even think of drinking coffee in the car 'cause if you spill some it's very hard to get out. Just try to give it a good cleaning on a regular basis, and get up spills and dirt as quickly as possible. I speak from experience.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:43 AM

Default I don't know the answer to your icelink question but if it does not work

I would be very interested in purchasing it from you for my Symphony II radio. Email me (in profile) if interested.

Quick Reply: Big News (for me)! I just purchased a 2001 A6 2.7T 6spd!