A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Blow Off Valves

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2.7Lturbo
there wont be, it will be EXACTLY like stock...
(and I just looked at the price of that ESC BOV setup. $554 just to make a sound effect? Man-o-man that some serious scratch for noise.)
Old 05-10-2013, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

which is why he cheaped out and wanted the ebay solution lololololo
Old 05-10-2013, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

No turbo here, but I see a few of the boosted guys over on TOF running Forge "Hybrid" Diverter/Splitter valves that lets you manage recirculation/atmospheric.

Least that way you aren't going completely atmospheric with all the excess boost.

http://www.esetuning.com/Forge-Motor...pltr-black.htm

http://www.esetuning.com/Forge-Motor...r-polished.htm
(Same product - one polished/one black.)

I'm sure there are knock-off versions floating out there somewhere, there usually are.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by OGBULLYLOCDAWG
No turbo here, but I see a few of the boosted guys over on TOF running Forge "Hybrid" Diverter/Splitter valves that lets you manage recirculation/atmospheric.

Least that way you aren't going completely atmospheric with all the excess boost.

http://www.esetuning.com/Forge-Motor...pltr-black.htm

http://www.esetuning.com/Forge-Motor...r-polished.htm
(Same product - one polished/one black.)

I'm sure there are knock-off versions floating out there somewhere, there usually are.
so you ar esaying replace the stock DV with an expensive forged one... for what purpose? hes running stock turbos...
Old 05-11-2013, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 2.7Lturbo
so you ar esaying replace the stock DV with an expensive forged one... for what purpose? hes running stock turbos...
Because the OP is searching for "Blow Off Valves".

Those that I linked are a combination BOV and DV. He can set it 50/50 or whatever percentage he desires.

I'm assuming this is the reason he's contemplating the BOV(s):

With the splitter he can get his 'PSSSH' noises while still recirculating some of the excess boost back into the motor keeping the ECU a little happier than just running BOV(s).

It's his lesson to learn if he wants to risk the misfire and boosting issues. If he's gonna contemplate doing it anyways, this seems to be a better alternative than straight BOV(s) IMHO.

Last edited by OGBULLYLOCDAWG; 05-11-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Those that I linked are a combination BOV and DV. He can set it 50/50 or whatever percentage he desires.

I'm assuming this is the reason he's contemplating the BOV(s): Allroad 2.7t with forge splitter bovs - YouTube

With the splitter he can get his 'PSSSH' noises while still recirculating some of the excess boost back into the motor keeping the ECU a little happier than just running BOV(s).

It's his lesson to learn if he wants to risk the misfire and boosting issues. If he's gonna contemplate doing it anyways, this seems to be a better alternative than straight BOV(s) IMHO.
I listened to the video. I guess it's an acquired taste. The noise, that is.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm assuming this is the reason he's contemplating the BOV(s): Allroad 2.7t with forge splitter bovs - YouTube

fair enough brother
Old 05-11-2013, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

lol i appreciate all the input guys.
bullydawg thank you for the input i havent heard of the hybrid BOV's before.

i personally like the noise BUT like everyone has said its a JDM "ricer" thing. I dont want to disgrace the Audi name with BOV's if thats the case.

And i am not willing to risk misfires or other issues from doing this.

It simply boils down to the fact that multiple people said it was possible to install BOV's without any issues and then a lot also said it would cause misfire/running rich issues. I wanted a strait answer, and i got it.

I realize there is no way to ensure there wont be any issues even with the hybrid BOV's because the car isnt built to blow off atmospherically. Period, i guess the people that said it "wouldnt hurt" meant "it will make the car run a little worse but it probably wont hurt" i didnt realize they didnt know what they were talking about.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

if you want better noise, get a bigger exhaust, hell, put some cut outs right after the down pipe or cats, and you will get some sweet turbo spooling sounds and you wont compromise the performance of the car , win win
Old 05-13-2013, 02:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

ill have to look into it a little more.
i had never heard of "cutouts" i thought you litterally meant cutting a whole in the downpipe but apparently there are downpipes made specifically with cutouts. never knew that.