A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Bluetooth module and Blackberry Bold 9000 Phonebook

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth module and Blackberry Bold 9000 Phonebook

I came across this in other forums to fix my issue with the BB Bold 9000 not sending the Phonebook to BT module.
I'd get "No Entries" in the DIS, or just "Please Wait" for so long I couldn't wait. The iPhone and BB Curve work fine. The Bold seemed to have some problem with the Phonbebook, but if you had contacts on the SIM, it seems to send sim entries ok.

The BB would connect/pair fine everytime, and be able to send and receive calls but I couldn't scroll the Phonebook with the Steering wheel. I think I had it work once, then sometimes it would disconnect and connect/pair back again..

Thanks to Kj5Scott from vwaudiforum.com and posting on audizine.com.

My BB Bold is on latest OS (4.6.0.304)and policy restricted.
Try this: (maybe only have to do 3-6 but listing all to be safe)
1. With your audi turned on and connected via bluetooth, on the BB disconnect and delete the pairing. Mine says Audi UHV 5534.
2. Switch your audi off ensuring the ignition is off too.
3. On you blackberry look at your email screen and hit the menu button and and select "view folder"
4. Scroll down and select "phone call logs"
5. Whilst holding the shift key scroll down to select all entries then delete them
6. Repeat step 4 & 5 but select "missed calls" instead of phone call logs
7. Now repair the blackberry with your audi.
Voila, the phone book will transfer.

The rationale for this fix is that the Blackberry memory stores all calls in a seperate part of its memory. if you delete the call logs from the phone screen i.e. when you select re-dial, this does not delete the items from the main "hidden" memory. The Bluetooth function tries to push the contacts from the "hidden"memory but becomes blocked due to its size. If you have not cleared the "hidden" memory in this way before you can have up to 9 months of call data stored in it which is too much for the bluetooth to handle.

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on and remember to clear the hidden memory every few months.

To help limit this, change your settings on the BB to not store Phone Logs and Missed calls that long - i.e. 30 days or a week.

Cheers!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I have tried this with my 2005 A8 with the stock bluetooth. Still no luck. I can call easily and everything, just no contacts. I even tried the delete and reset method and having my phone logs clear, as well as having contacts on the sim as well. Neither way the car wouldn't pickup any numbers. I've never had my MMI upgraded that I know of, do I need a certain version to be compatible?
Thanks for saving me frustration hopefully!