A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

BUWAHAHA.....Lexus GS400 meet Audi A6 2.7T.....SEE YA SUCKA!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUWAHAHA.....Lexus GS400 meet Audi A6 2.7T.....SEE YA SUCKA!!!

Something amazing happened tonight...I found another driver that actually wanted to play for a bit. Warning, if you are **** and have never driven over 55mph then don't read this because this thread contains speed, adrenalin, and hooliganism!

So I'm doing about 75-80 just going up the Turnpike, nothing special, when I pass this GS which was doing like 60 at the time. He picks up the pace and follows. So I am like ok lets play a bit so I pick it up to about 90. The car is running perfectly....smooth as silk and power is effortless with the cold 32 degree air. Well after about 2 miles we come up to a toll and he goes around me. It was an EZ-Pass so I follow him through doing about 20mph. As soon as he gets just a bit out of the toll I see him nail it just as I am still going through the toll. At this point I was in 3rd (really needed 2nd) so I too floor it. Speed comes on slow but steady and I draft him all through 3rd gear until about 5500 rpm and about 75mph (I think it was about that, not really sure). A nice quick shift and I am in 4th and pulling really hard at this point. Now as opposed to just keeping his pace I begin to really pick up speed and close in on him fast. I glanced in my mirror quickly and went left to pass him. So I fly by him through 4th gear upto about 110mph and need to shift into 5th just as I get in front of him. At this point I was going somewhere around 120-125 mph and it was time to slow it down so I eased up off the gas and he did the same right behind me.

All I can say is that right now I really love this car. This was a really good run with me starting late from behind and in the wrong gear and then pacing him through the whole 3rd gear and finally pulling away hard in 4th. Had I actually started in 2nd, I would have royally smoked him from the start and would have been way ahead before 3rd gear ended. I am trully impressed and did not think that I could out-power a GS400 that easily. Also when we were done I though you know what maybe it wasn't a V8 400 but rather a V6 300 so I caught up to him and sure enough it was a late model GS400 with the black badges that couldn't have been more than a year or so old.

As a side note, I had someone following me home that was right behind us in the toll. Well apparently as we were having our little run we got some distance on the person that was following and when we slowed down to about 80 there was an unmarked cop that pulled out between us and my friend. I guess he didn't see us because he was doing like 60mph and holding my friend up. So moral of the story....we both got REALLY lucky that we decided to slow down when we did because otherwise we would have blown by a cop doing like 120-130mph....yeah not good!!!

PS - Yes he was racing because no one does 20 to 120mph in "half" throttle. If he wasn't going WOT then I would have been gone a long time ago and not need the 1/3rd of a mile or so to get my RPMs up.

PSS - Yes I know it was dangerous and stupid, but I don't care because it was a 3 lane highway that we could see a mile ahead and we only passed ONE car at the very beginning.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Turpike booths are always great for a rolling start...

but be careful and don't hurt anyone!
Old 12-15-2004, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice run!!! Now just wait for masses to tell you how stupid racing is. Did your V1 go off?
Old 12-15-2004, 06:52 PM

Yeah if I had only known he was going to do that I would have been ready ;-)
Old 12-15-2004, 06:53 PM

Thanks....Hopefully the other half will enjoy the read. Nope V1 was silent the whole time.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:53 PM

Default Thanks for sharing....shame on you.....thanks for sharing

my heart rate and adrenaline shot up as a read this story. It has been a long time since i have been behind the wheel and i miss the little opportunities that present themselves during the daily commute. Watching cars use the emergency lanes (or sidewalks) at 60km/hr in Beijing or dodging cows in India is interesting, but never as thrilling as feeling the turbos surge to life and throw you to the back of your seat!

Living in one of the safest places on earth is really boring.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Thanks for sharing....shame on you.....thanks for sharing

Honestly I drive every single day and most of the time its also pretty boring and uneventful....well with the exception of ******* morons on the highway. But its nice to just once in a while be able to push the car and see what it can really do.

PS - I would love to visit Singapore and SE Asia.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:02 PM
Fear the Miata!

Nice.....
Old 12-15-2004, 09:46 PM

I miss driving in Germany...
Old 12-16-2004, 12:15 AM

Default imagine if you had a chip.... Instead of the guy fighting to keep you off at full throtttle

he would be fighting to see you're taillights from such a far distance. I know i have done it myself....

Quick Reply: BUWAHAHA.....Lexus GS400 meet Audi A6 2.7T.....SEE YA SUCKA!!!