A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Which car cover to get?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2001, 10:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which car cover to get?

I have found 3 car covers that seem to be good for outdoor use with rain and snow. Needs to be able to be stowed in the trunk with minimal space used. Want it primarily in the summer when I'm driving the S2k.

This is what I found:
The intro-tech custom car cover from www.stratosphere.com
The Weathershield by Covercraft at www.topnotchauto.com
Last but not least, California Car Cover has 3 models, the Stormweave, Ultraweave and Superweave, at the gr8ride site.

What are people's recommendations?

I am also looking for a winter snow brush, stratosphere has the ultimate snow brush for $40.

Thanx!!!

Bob
Old 01-11-2001, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I have the Stormweave...

I've only had it a short while and only used it 3 times. I restrain myself from using it unless the car is absolutely clean. So far I'm happy with it. It is a little bulky but I accepted that as a trade-off for its protection capabilities.

The main reason I bought this one is to help prevent door dings as well as hail damage. I live in Texas so I wanted something with protection but also something that breathed. It is thicker than most covers and is good for most indoor and outdoor applications. Some of the thinner stuff will only provide weather coverage.
Old 01-11-2001, 07:30 AM

Default Bought the Calcarcover.....no regrets!

I am not certain as to which model, but it cost $279.00, and is hailed as their "revolutionary 4 layer wonder fabric". It is extremely light weight, goes on in less than 45 seconds, takes up very little space. My main reason for getting it was cause my cat would not stay off the car, and was scratching the paint. It was important to have a very thin material so as to avoid cat claws, and so far all is good.No idea about it's snow properties, but I would recommend this product to anybody....Oh yes: it fits to a 2.7 "T" !
Old 01-11-2001, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I wish I could get mine on in 45 seconds...

It really doesn't take much longer than that but I keep my car polished and the cover slides all over the place while I am trying to align it.

Based on your description and the cost you probably have the Superweave. CCC used to have a really good FAQ page on their site but I guess they have "improved" the site because I can't find it anymore.
Old 01-11-2001, 05:46 PM

Default I wish I could get mine on in 45 seconds....

I Know what you mean! I am a multiple Zaino coat guy myself, and a perfectly dry car and cover can present a challenge. Its all in how well you pack it up when taking it off. It takes a minute longer than putting it on, but I rarely "misfire". I normally start at the back, toss it up onto the roof, roll it down to the front bumper, and grab the mirror pocket, and put it over the driver's side mirror, while making sure that the cover stays in the center of the car. I then get the other mirror pocket in place, and tada. My wife and I joke about it every evening when I go to cover the car... My record so far is 38 seconds!