A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

CAR PHONE

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2000, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAR PHONE

My 2.7t came without factory phone. What is involved in putting in phone with full factory features at lowest cost. Do you need antenna? I would just like to plug in and go, not rewire the car! Any advice?
Old 05-10-2000, 06:25 PM

My advice? Motorola Star Tac fits in pop-out cubby under the driver's seat memory buttons :-)
Old 05-10-2000, 06:35 PM

Default Re: CAR PHONE

Forget it. Just concentrate on your driving. Your car will last longer and so will you and everyone around you.
Old 05-10-2000, 07:22 PM

It's the cell phone police at it again. Steve asks for information about installing an aftermarket cell phone and you reply with your completely off topic opinion about cell phone usage while driving. Give it a rest Jack.

Steve - click on the link below to find several articles written by members of this site that may be of some assistance.

Joe<ul><li><a href="https://www.audiworld.com/faq/electronics.html">https://www.audiworld.com/faq/electronics.html</a</li></ul>
Old 05-11-2000, 07:48 AM

The whole problem with cell phones is that people are holding the phone! The Audi lets you talk hands free and concentrate on driving. That's what we need Jack. I don't understand your message Stu B? Does the phone fit in the center arm rest and does it utilise the hands free set up?
Old 05-11-2000, 08:19 AM

Joe, I am more a sudent of good sense, and using my senses the way that best take care of me and others. You may regard this approach as 'cell phone policing', and if you do after thinking about it, then you have my deepest sympathy. If cell phones can be a 'hands off' operation, such as Steve mentions, then I say 'bully'. I observe that cell phones are a 'fad' just like SUV's. They serve ZERO useful purpose except maybe to real estate people and the like, who got along just fine for years and years without them.
Old 05-11-2000, 08:27 AM

Jack, I think many people mindlessly overuse cell phones but could we all live without microwaves and computers? We could be we won't! We should make people use cell phones in cars more reponsibly and hands free operation goes a long way towards that.
Old 05-11-2000, 10:00 AM

Steve, I'm sorry to stray so far, and I do agree except for one thing. Being one who prides himself on his cooking ability, I could live perfectly well without microwaves. You don't reckon' they'll be puttin' em in cars next do you?
Old 05-11-2000, 11:17 AM

Jack:

Just can't resist responding to this discussion, but have you seen that SUV in Autoweek which has a washer and dryer in it?

Sometimes it's best not to say anything at all, or to wish for something, for it may come true.

Each to his/her own; live and let live. Do you remember that flap in New Hampshire, when someone was fined for taping over the State motto on the license plate? That was a hoot !!!!
Old 05-11-2000, 12:14 PM

Default Re: CAR PHONE - Swiss Law

I don't want to interfere with your driving habits in the US (it's less hectic there...) - but take this as additional information: in Switzerland (and Germany is discussing a similar ruling) it's forbidden to use a cell phone while driving - unless you have a handsfree installation in the car. If you break that law you can easily get a ticket of 100 CHF (approx. 60 US$). Too expensive for a phone call!
Ernst

Quick Reply: CAR PHONE