A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Co-worker just showed me his next BMW,,, and he is going to Germany to get it... <edited>

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Co-worker just showed me his next BMW,,, and he is going to Germany to get it... <edited>

BMW will pay for his wifes flight over if he pays for his own, insure the car for 14 dys while he drives around germany, and pay to ship it back to the US,,, AND he will save over 2k compared to buying it here in the US.

Does Audi have an offer anything like that? &lt;please say yes, please say yes.. &gt;<ul><li><a href="http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/EuropeanDelivery/default.htm">Audi has to match this.</a></li></ul>
Old 02-24-2005, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi - no. MB,Volvo, and Saab - yes. Volvo has the best program - 2 RT tickets, ins, hotel,

and the prices are close to or less than invoice. Even more discounts for armed forces, IIRC.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default He bought his fist BMW when he was ober there with the army

got a great deal and the car ran great for him for 11 years.

I wish Audi has something like this.

I love my car.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default No, and here is why:

Back in the early '90s when sales were in the dumper here, AoA and Audi AG had to let go of the teams on either side of the Atlantic that handled the logistics and paperwork. Those skills are very specialized as are the connections and contacts that make it happen. If BMW, Volvo, or any of the companies that presently have Euro delivery programs did the same, they would have a very difficult time launching it again. It's more just something put in place a long time ago, and if you don't touch it, it works fine.

AoA and Audi AG have much bigger things on their plate, like trying to get dealers up to snuff, getting cars to market faster, etc. European delivery is an icing on the cake kind of thing, and given the small numbers of people who use the program, not at all vital or even a significant portion of sales. Yes, it would be nice to have, but the money and effort is better expended elsewhere for now.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:25 AM
Rest In Peace

Default Agreed - the Volvo program is AMAZING. Almost pulled the trigger on a S60R for the fiancee instead

of the A6 4.2 because of that delivery plan. In the end though, we just don't have time this year to go go Europe.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Makes sense. Once again, for a reasonable answer, you can always count on April. Thanks!
Old 02-24-2005, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Used to have customers ask about this. Spoke to AoA exec about it. Makes sense, but don't have to

like it :-(
Old 02-24-2005, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That and

Audi's US margins are less than the others so the difference in a Euro delivery cost and a US delivery cost is not that great.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:16 AM

Don't have time for Europe? - now, that's just sad ;-) We have the same problem.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Let's face it. Other than saving money, it's a silly process.

Audi could just sponsor a trip to Europe, give you a free rental of your type of car, then sign a contract to sell you the identical car in the US at a discounted price. No need for import/export/customs/ registration or other nonsense.

Quick Reply: Co-worker just showed me his next BMW,,, and he is going to Germany to get it... <edited>