A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Concert Radio Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Concert Radio Instructions

Hopefully some can help.

I have been told by an Audi dealer in Melbourne, Australia, that they cannot get obtain a reprint copy of the original radio manual that came with my 98 A6 2.8Q. I bought the car a few weeks back and the manual was missing. Also, any suggestions on a place to get quality used spares - inside or out of Australia - as there are few A6 wrecks here.

In relation to the radio, I can't believe that this is true, so I am seeking assistance. I have also been told that the system I have is made by Eurovox, is this correct?

The system looks like the concert system at the following URL.

I hope someone can help. As I am sure there are functions that I don't know about. I have played around with the unit and message pop up on the display, but I'm not sure what they all are.

One other question - I would like to get a serial cable for connecting my laptop to the car - any ideas?

Thanks in advance,<ul><li><a href="http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/radios.html">http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/radios.html</a</li></ul>
Old 10-24-2002, 09:48 PM

Default A few instructions to get you started...

I don't know what features you've seen on your radio, but...
To access the menu, turn the radio off and hold the FM2 button when you turn it on, the first screen should say GALA and a number, this is the speed sensitive volume control, on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being most sensitive. Now hit FM2 again and it will go to the next menu item which I think is VOL and a number, this is the starting volume for when you turn the radio on with 5 being the loudest. I think the next is NAV, this is the volume if you hook at navigation system to your car. Then next is SENS which is the sensitivity of the radio with the lower sensitivity being for in the city, I think DX is the higher sensitivity, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. And the last menu item is either on or off, I can't remember what it says, but what it does is if you're rewinding or fast forwarding a tape it will play the radio while you're waiting. Hope this helps.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:44 PM
Elder Member

Default this sounds like the Symphony instructions

Is the Concert the same? If so, good on Audi.
Old 10-25-2002, 12:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 200 Likes on 177 Posts
Default Re: Concert Radio Instructions

As I understand it the Concert radio is made for Audi by Panasonic, hence the ability to use the Panasonic CD Autochanger in place of the OEM unit. Does your unit have a "TP" button (ie to a European spec)or an FM2 (to US spec) button. If it is the former then you will find holding in the TP button whilst turning it on will give you access to a variety of functions. Most people posting here are from the US and therefore some of the features and functionality will vary
Old 10-25-2002, 05:58 AM

I have the concert radio and that's how mine works
Old 10-25-2002, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Concert Radio Instructions

I must have the Euro spec radio as there is a TP button instead of FM2. I found the hidden menu, and was able to change the settings as mentioned.

What I would like to get is a soft copy of the radio manual for future reference. Any ideas?