A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Cupholder too small

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2001, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My former BMW had the same problem. Guess the Germans don't refresh themselves while driving.
Old 10-07-2001, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hey dewd, why so rude?

Perhaps none of the suggestions offered were what you were looking for and one response was a little sarcastic, but none called for the "tone" of your responses. I'll leave it to others to offer options in good faith only to be insulted for their effort.
Old 10-07-2001, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Who's rude?

Excuse me Finman, but what did I say that was rude? The only rude comment I've seen on this thread is from the guy telling me to drive a minivan, simply because I asked about cupholder suggestions..

I've said nothing inflammatory towards anyone, I've merely asked for suggestions and turned down some of the suggestions given so far which have been along the lines of:

- Don't drive an audi then

- Don't drink beverages that come in big bottles

- Put a cupholder on the door even though it looks cheesy (they said "cheesy" first, not me).

What was rude about that?

I'm sorry you are taking it personally that I don't find my Audi perfect. Its NEARLY perfect. I love the way this thing handles. I'm just frustrated a little bit about the cupholders is all and wondering what other people have figured out. Am I going to sell my Audi in order to drink Big Gulps? I don't think so! But I sure would like to figure out a workable solution.

I have seen in other vehicles little cup holder extenders that provide a way to put a larger bottle or cut into the holder..but I have no idea where to find it.

The only people being rude on this thread thus far people such as yourself..(making direct cracks at me personally) and the other guy who made the ridiculous comment about I should drive a minivan..
Old 10-07-2001, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: My former BMW had the same problem. Guess the Germans don't refresh themselves while driving.

Yea...I know what you mean. The BMW X5 I just got rid of was a little on the small side too..though I think it was still a tad larger than the Audi cup holder. It was able to accomodate a number of things that the Audi simply cannot..
Old 10-07-2001, 06:49 PM

Default Enough! Buy a Nissan cold beverage sport bottle and pour whatever you buy into it!

I use my 4.2 for work--about 35-40K per year. I bought a Starbucks thermos (small-Nisson makes one too) for coffee. On freeways (straight and smooth, the little cup fits perfectly in the holder between the seats. If it's curvy--drink right from the thermos (it's small enough). For water or sodas, I put them in the stainless sport bottle (pull top), which keeps them colder anyway. If I'm alone, either one can lay on the passenger seat--they've never leaked. Either or both fit in the web behind the passenger seat if necessary--easy to reach. Move your first aid kit to the storage area in the trunk--both bottles fit in the rear arm rest compartment perfectly when not in use. You're tired of "rude" answers? Here's another one: front to back works best!
Old 10-07-2001, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Enough! Buy a Nissan cold beverage sport bottle and pour whatever you buy into it!

Sounds like this is what its going to come down to.

thanks.

I don't understand the last comment???
Old 10-07-2001, 07:10 PM

Somehow I figured that.
Old 10-07-2001, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Somehow I figured that.

great, another rude comment. you just can't help youself from being insulting or what?
Old 10-07-2001, 07:25 PM

Default Nope.

I read the entire thread. Some folks were being a bit cute-and you slammed them. Others gave you advice--and you slammed them. If "cupholders" were big on your list, they weren't exactly hidden when you bought the car. You adapt--there's tons of beverage container alternatives out there. If you're that thin-skinned, or prefer to argue with advice you solicited, the internet may be a problem for you. BTW, "front to back" keeps your nuts clean.
Old 10-07-2001, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Nope.

You know what... I didn't slam anyone personally until right now. You guys are a bunch of losers. I can't believe you sit around on this messageboard and look for people to be rude too, lay down rude, sarcastic comments(you call them cute, I call them rude)...to an honest inquiry. Did I get upset about the rudeness and return more and more heated replies....OF COURSE I DID.

Go jump in a lake...you guys are losers. I've had many other much more constructive conversations with people on this messageboard about Audi's with no rudness, no "cuteness" and most certainly no finger pointing and personal attacks. This thread is the first time. You're losers to act that way. I was merely trying to get advice on my cupholders...not trying to provoke attacks. It was YOU GUYS that started personally attacking me...not the other way around.

LOSERS

Quick Reply: Cupholder too small