A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Cupholder too small

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2001, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to the boutique at Audiusa.com. Look under essentials. 2 different styles available.
Old 10-07-2001, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Go to the boutique at Audiusa.com. Look under essentials. 2 different styles available.

Hey great! Thank you for some positive feedback. I'll look into it.
Old 10-07-2001, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Who's rude?

Perhaps I misinterpreted "Duh", "Not a good enough solution", "man you guys are brutal", "clam it"...I'm not sure, maybe I just misinterpreted the tone of your posts...essentially lacking any sense of appreciation or thanks to those who were in a genuine way trying to help you with your dilemma.
I don't know how you conclude that I take it personally that you have feel your A6 is "NEARLY perfect", I make no reference to that at all, in fact I agree with you that the cupholders are inadequate for most. I have worked around it in a manner satisfactory for me, but realize that is probably not sufficient for many others.
So, if I did misinterpret your tone in your responses I apologize, but if you re-read them you may see what I am referring to. Apparently, I have lived outside of NYC too long and am not used to abrupt, seemingly unappreciative (although apparently misunderstood) discourse being normal.
Good luck with your search for an improved cupholder and continue to enjoy your A6.
Old 10-07-2001, 07:48 PM

You got your shorts twisted about cupholders, and you call us "losers"?
Old 10-07-2001, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Who's rude?

Well, my "clam it" remark was in direct response to the guy who said simply "Get a minivan". And his response came way before yours. So "clam it" doesn't even apply to you Finman. You can't read the thread in the order it appears to even get an inkling of why I said whatever I said when. You have to read it in chronological order...which is pretty much a pain to do....why would you want to?

Nothing else I replied to you in particular was meant to be rude or unappreciative. I was only trying to say to "the thread" that it wasn't the answer I was looking for and still looking for more...and ok...I was probably still a little hot around the collar about the guy who said simply "get a minivan", so I was being a bit blunt prehaps. I did not intend to be rude or unappreciative to anyone. Only blunt. Absolutely nothing personal intended.

But I certainly did not deserve the onslaught of personal attacks that a group of self-righteous audi owners have taken upon themselves to take up against me simply for asking a question and being blunt about none of the suggestions so far being a workable solution for me.

As stated before, I would not change my decision to buy an A6 just because of a lame *** cup holder. But I would certainly like to find a better solution then anything that has been reccomended so far. Nothing personal. I don't mean to insult anyone. THANKS FOR MAKING THE SUGGESTIONS. I'm just saying...if anyone else has any more suggestions....PLEASE MAKE THEM because I haven't heard one that works for me yet. Probably won't it sounds like.
Old 10-07-2001, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: You got your shorts twisted about cupholders, and you call us "losers"?

And the insults just keep coming from Jamo....who seems to be one of the real losers of the bunch. You can't say anything without throwing in some kind of negative twist can you?

Why do you take it so personally that you have to attach me?
Old 10-07-2001, 08:01 PM

Default Check your spelling--I didn't "attach" (sp.) you...

I responded to a "rude" person. Some of us gave you good advice--April's was so obvious, many presumed you had checked it out already. Finman took the time to detail his review of container sizes. Look in the mirror "dewd"/stop being an ***.
Old 10-07-2001, 08:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Check your spelling--I didn't "attach" (sp.) you...

Jamo..If I am being an *** its only in response to your self righteous attacks upon me. No offense was intended by me. Sorry you take it personally that none of your suggestions were helpful. And by the way..if you want to tango with me...we can go all night long throwing mud at each other.... we won't get anywhere...because its the internet...and on the internet you can say whatever you want without worrying about somebody kicking your ***.

The fact is... I asked a simple question. I got one or two sarcastic and offensive responses...to which I begin to respond appropriately. I responsed bluntly to others which were not helpful (though they were good sincere efforts at the time). That was then. Now is now. You have all ganged up on me and decided that its your mission to teach me a lesson or school me or some other self-righteous goal which is entirely inappropriate... You sir...are being an ***...Not I. I am merely responding to insults with equal measure...
Old 10-07-2001, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Cool with me, dewd...good luck in your hunt...

the aftermarket (eg. autopart store) solutions will likely not suffice as they look very trailer-trash.
The only viable alternative that looks "stock" or "factory" I can think of would be to take the stock dash cupholder out (or a second one bought from the parts department) and bring it to a metal-fabricator to replace the original "ring" with an expandable aluminum ring that auto-collapses when you push the cupholder in.
If made well this could be sold to Audi...but it is likely much more difficult to actually create than my drawings would suggest. This is likely beyond what you were shooting for. On hunting through this car, the solutions are limited other than the less-than-satisfactory "back of the passenger seat webbing". Good luck, I'd be interested in a ingenious solution also, but in the past 11 months here, no one has posted a really good "stock"-looking mega-cupholder.
Old 10-07-2001, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Cool with me, dewd...good luck in your hunt...

Now THAT is the best suggestion I have heard all day Finman!

I will look into that. I might be able to figure something out actually...

Quick Reply: Cupholder too small