A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Dension IceLink problems...everyone is screwing me!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dension IceLink problems...everyone is screwing me!

I installed a Dension IceLink a month ago so that I could use my iPod through the car stereo. The idea is that it hooks up to the CD changer inputs either in the trunk or behind the deck. For ease of installation, I went with the trunk unit and ran cables up under the back seat, through the trim, under the passenger seat, and mounted it in my armrest.

Unfortunately, the damned thing never worked at all, and Dension promised a replacement which arrived today--exactly a month after I reported the problem. The idea was that I could start replacing parts from the new unit and figure out where the problem was, and then send back all the unused parts. These bozos sent the wrong unit, however, specifically the one to hook up behind the deck.

For the rest of you, consider some of the other alternatives before going with the IceLink. Dension's customer service sucks and so far this is nothing but a $230 piece of crap.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default As an iPod owner I considered the Icelink....

but chose to use the Phatbox. Not a perfect solution but one that is very livable and the unit was 499.00 from Audi. Installation was a fifteen minute affair. I thought long about what I was giving up (direct itunes support) but the "built-in" factor on the phatnoise seemed appealing.

I'm not trying to kick a guy while he is down, I hope you get your issue resolved... just trying to say 9to others reading this) that even to a diehard iPod fan there are some other livable choices.