A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Do any S6ers here live near piggie world headquarters in Ferndale, Michigan? When I asked if they

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do any S6ers here live near piggie world headquarters in Ferndale, Michigan? When I asked if they

could do my car, they said they'd have to see one. As piggies seem to be the cool thing here, I'd like to know. We are victims of not enough cars sold as far as GIAC is concerned. I really wanted a tip chip!
Old 01-14-2008, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm not near there but.

I can say that they're good guys up there at VAST, though they're just starting to get into V8 territory. they're a small shop and I'm not all that surprised that they haven't had an S6 in there to work on. I hope there is someone near there that's willing to help, by your sig it looks like you're out west so I'm guessing that driving there yourself isn't too readily viable. anyone know if there's much difference between the S6 and A6 4.2 downpipes? I know the from the cats-back it's pretty much the same, but not sure ahead of the cats. maybe you could get a hold of milltek and ask them, or try your dealer and see if they're the same part number?
Old 01-14-2008, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I may be able to help out. I'm not far from their shop.

My local Audi group is planning a get together at a German car repair shop across the street from my house on 2/16/08. I have heard that Mike from VAST plans to be there. Perhaps they could take a look at the car then?

Send me an e-mail and let me know what you have in mind. You'll owe my wife a favor though since the S6 Avant is hers. She may be able to be persuaded to let her car be a guinea pig for some development work as long as the car can be put back the way it was if she doesn't like it.

She didn't like having the servotronic relay unplugged because the low speed effort was too high, but she did like the better feel at speed. I preferred the stock steering as well. My C4 S6 is another story, I love the disconnected servotronic in that car. She did complain that the snow tires don't allow her to corner as hard as the tires I run on her car the rest of the year, so she may be agreeable to some performance mods.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:52 AM

Default If you're trying to do the piggie mod, don't bother. The V8's don't have

pre-cats. I found this out just recently, as I planned to do the same mod myself. The only option is to purchase aftermarket downpipes, which are quite expensive (IMO.)
Old 01-15-2008, 08:23 AM

6spd conversion will help you in the power arena i can take my friend's 98' M3 in my C5 4.2 6spd
Old 01-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default or... you can have some custom DPs made...

Not sure where u live or what you want to spend, but there's a guy in South Denver who does all manner of super-custom exhaust work. www.hanksvillehotrods.com i believe is his website. He may even be able to fabricate something for you and then put them in the mail?

get in touch w/him if you need...<ul><li><a href="http://www.hanksvillehotrods.com">Custom Exhaust</a></li></ul>
Old 01-15-2008, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Who did the conversion? I found a place that said they could but it was $$$.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

That really answers my question. I thought piggies were big with the B6 S4 crowd, too.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I'm not near there but.

i just had milltek downpipes installed on my 03 s6. they are same as a6 4.2 downpipes. I have full Milltek exaust and it sounds great. Its expensive if you buy it at retail. Took me some time to find it. It took a guy at the shop about 5 hours to swap the downpipe. There is not that much space so its hard to work.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ah, thanks for the info

I skipped on the downpipes for a couple reasons: couldn't justify the labor needed(5 hours actually sounds like a decent time considering how tight it is in there) and because I got mine on a year-end clearance. but the sound is nice, the RS6SE setup is nice too, but I feel the milltek setup is about right for a luxury-sport sedan (though both were acceptable options before I got the milltek, it just would have been harder for me to entertain some vendors with the RS6SE)

Quick Reply: Do any S6ers here live near piggie world headquarters in Ferndale, Michigan? When I asked if they