A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

DO NOT order anything from ECS TUNING unless...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DO NOT order anything from ECS TUNING unless...

...you dont really need the parts to begin with and you dont mind giving your money away to thieves.

My horrible experience with ECS Tuning began with an order I placed at the end of OCTOBER for, among other things, All-Weather mats for winter.

When the products arrived, I noticed that the mats did not have the round clips inserted in them on the front two mats, and the clips on one of the back mats was broken. Emailed ECS and notified them of the situation. They said that they didnt know what 'clips' I was talking about, and needed pictures. Took pictures and sent them to ECS. By the end of NOVEMBER, the clips had still not arrived.

Sent more emails to ECS but did not receive a response. Started calling ROB, the person I had originally corresponded with by email, but he did not return my messages.

Finally, I got him on the phone in early December. He claimed he never had got any emails regarding the problem, even though I have responses from him. Regardless, he said that he could order the clips and send them out by Wednesday (3 business days later.) By this time I was already getting very frustrated because we had had several snow falls and I still did not have my new WINTER mats in the car.

Late DECEMBER and I still dont have the clips. Called ECS but they are closed until January. Called them yesterday and got ahold of ROB after waiting 30 minutes on hold. Clips have still not been sent out, over two months after they have been notified of the situation. Only excuse that he gave was that "they have a lot of customers." On the verge of screaming obscenities, I asked ROB to send the clips overnight delivery and email me a tracking number. He promised to do this, but as of today I do not have an email from him and the $100 mats are still siting in my garage.

This situation has been very frustrating. I have given ECS several opportunities to correct the problem, but have gotten nothing but broken
promises from them. Over two months after the original order, I probably will have a hard time disputing this claim with my Credit card company,
but I will try if I do not receive the clips within another week.

Furthermore, I strongly believe that the clips were intentionally removed from the mats before they were sent, by someone who needed them
for his own set. If anybody has a set of these mats they can see that the clips are very tightly inserted in the mats, and would not come
out on their own when new. The clips are also about $10 per mat, which is almost half the price of the entire mat set. I beleive someone took the front
two and broke the back one in the process.

Bottom line, do not order anything from ECS Tuning. If this was something more essential, like brake pads, etc., Id be screwed.

PS. I fully welcome anyone from ECS to post any comments regarding this issue.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Did you pay by credit card? If so.. stop the charge.. then they will wake up..

Just call you company and tell them you received faulty merchandise they will credit you back and start an "investigation". You have all you documentation wich you will send them.

One of two things will likely happen.. you get the clips or you get to keep the refund and posible the mats as well.. unless they require you to send them back.
A little bit of work but it does get resolved.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thats what I plan to do, actually.

I was going to give ECS until next week, but I think I may as well start the process today, seeing as Ive already given them over two months.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow, I ordered the same mats from then the same time...

They came in 2 days in perfect condition so my impression was that they were very good. I hear what you're saying however as I've experienced this from other vendors in the past. Definatly dispute the charges, AMEX just about always takes the customers side. Good luck.

PS - If you ever get it resolved, the rubber A6 mats rock. Plus they fill the car with that natural rubber smell, call me weird, I dig it.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:37 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Meh.

Problems with ECS are not new. From what I see on their site and read on these forums, they have a lot of great stuff, but can't seem to get the right parts shipped in a timely fashion.

I've seen posts where someone has ordered several items from ECS and offered a prize to the forum member who guesses the number of correct items received.

I saw a post where someone asked if the ECS website was down followed by other posts speculating that ECS might have accidentally shipped the web server out in lieu of a brake kit or some other order.

It's sad when a company that seems to offer cool stuff is such an easy target of ridicule.

I conclude that there are some bright guys at ECS, but they just can't seem to execute reliably...perhaps due to weak staff? I would order from them, but cancel payment at the first sign of trouble.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default too much time.. do it now...

We had a problem with them regarding an incorrect clutch for a VW. It too took two months to resolve. We spoke to the owner finally. Although I no longer have the name.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
Default We need pictures, can't understand what you are talking about

You can't install them?
Old 01-05-2006, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I know what he means...

...the clips that engage the 'snaps' mounted in the vehicle carpet are two piece, and can separate. He basically has a two holes in each mat, but no way to secure them to the vehicle carpet.

I've BTDT when removing my all-weather mats; sometimes the clips separate and I need to press them back together. I'd snap a pic, but my camera is at home. :P
Old 01-05-2006, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've placed 2 orders though ECS, both were great.

I would definetly notify your credit card company.
On a similar note: I'm having an ordeal with a DC hotel from back in October; I checked in with one card and paid for/checked out with another...they billed BOTH. I'm still fighting with their accounting department and GM. Next time I'm in DC, I'm gonna pay them a stern, but professional visit.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've never had any problems with my orders from them. I've ordered

1. Control Arm Kit
2. CV boot kits
3. Hardware kits

I'm only 3 hours away, so I received the items next day via ground service (I always ordered in the AM).

Quick Reply: DO NOT order anything from ECS TUNING unless...