A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Does anyone know what this means? (from service invoice)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know what this means? (from service invoice)

Cause: Elec Malf VC=Higher Assy
01210000 Road Test
117 WA
FC: 454540K211
Part#
Count:
Claim Type: W2

If anyone can decipher this and let me know if this is dealer code which means, "there is a fault and a code was thrown" then please let me know, I'd appreciate it. Thanks,<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/534936.phtml">HVAC lights go bright/dim, tach drops to zero, ESP&amp;CE light come on - part V AOA Warranty DENIED</a></li></ul>
Old 07-26-2005, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default electrical malfunction from the VC terminal, which is on the throttle position sensor.....

VC is one of the terminals between the throttle position sensor and the ecu.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Is this the repair to fix your flashing light problem?

Both our Audis (97 A4 also) have done had a flash/dropout of the radio and HVAC lights, but nothing else happens for us to complain about. I assumed it was some glitch with voltage regulation.

Can you elaborate on what has happened since the message that you link to from July 1st?
Old 07-26-2005, 07:43 PM

thanks.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:47 PM

Default This isn't the fix. The fix supposedly

is that the instrument cluster has gone bad and needs replacement. As an update, I have gotten no further than AOA's 50% replacement offer. Right now, I'm trying to put together documentation in case I go to Small claims court.

Since my wife works at the second largest lawfirm in Oregon, I may pursue this if I believe I can win. Problem is, I need to find the invoice which points to the instrument cluster as the fault. Every time I went in, serv dept said everything looked ok. This is strange since many CE lights have flashed between startups and I know it must have stored a code somewhere. I'm having a complete service history along with all of the codes sent to the lawfirm for scrutiny.

Bottom line, I'm still making a decision as to whether or not I'll continue down the road to small claims court, or just cut my losses and take their 50% offer. There's one more option left that I'm still thinking about but will report back on that later.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks. Please let us know how it turns out!
Old 07-26-2005, 08:16 PM

Default I will for sure

but at this moment I'm really running out of enthusiasm. I feel I have a strong case, but here's the deal.

Every time I went into the dealer, if it wasn't happening at the time they took it for a test drive. If no faults were visible, they wrote it off as "no faults found" which is absurd. Thus, the only way for me to prove it happened was to take it in while it was happening. Ever try to call up a serv dept and say, "hey, it's doing it I'm coming over. Have a tech ready..." Guess what the response was and will be to anyone else? Yup, "sorry, no tech's avail" will be and was the answer.

So basically I'm getting the raw deal and if I'd have known this was going to happen, I'd have driven to the serv dept and demanded someone pull the codes while I watched. Lesson learned, no more passive Mitch ever again. I had no idea AOA would pull this crap even though the Serv Manager TOLD them I was in there for three prior complaints. All AOA cares about is that it's out of warranty now and he's out of luck. Sure they're giving me 50% but I've been dealing with this for over a year and a half. Grrrr!