A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Driver's Side Mirror Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver's Side Mirror Replacement

Hello, I'm new to the forum, new to Audi, and have purchased a used 2004 A6 S-Line with the 2.7T. The driver's side mirror bezel is taped on with several wraps of box tape and I would like to get a new one. I jiggled it and the whole mirror body felt loose.

I've not driven the vehicle yet and haven't had that much time to sit inside it as I'm working all of the time and have a 9 month old that demands my attention, so I don't know which mirrors I should order. A search turned up several options.

I do have the memory seat option, so I'm presuming my mirrors are also heated. I don't know if they powerfold or not.

What steps are required to replace without screwing up the trim?
Old 03-07-2013, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 175 Likes on 154 Posts

Is the mirror housing loose or just the mirror glass? If the glass, you can just pry it out along the top edge towards the bottom. If the housing (i.e., painted outer cover) is broken, then you can remove the housing separately. If the complete assembley is broken, then you would need to remove the interior door panel to remove the whole assembly. For refenence, the Audi P/N for the complete mirror asembly is 4B1-858-531-BE-3FZ (for cars with electric memory seat and backrest adjustment) or 4B1-858-531-BB-3FZ (for cars with electric adjuster unit). Not you would have to have the housing painted to match the exterior paint color (the part is primed only).
Old 03-07-2013, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Easy. Remove 2 screws at the top of the door panel, one on each side of the door. Remove the entire door panel by lifting it up. Then you have access to the mirror.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not trying to hi-jack the thread, but my mirror has leaked and is now brown. Can I replace just the glass or do I need to replace more than that?
Old 03-07-2013, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by thall6594
Not trying to hi-jack the thread, but my mirror has leaked and is now brown. Can I replace just the glass or do I need to replace more than that?
yes you can pop the glass out and replace it .. that liquid that leaks out of that glass will do serious dmage to your paintwork so be very carefull. pop it out with a spatula or other flat utensil . The part number is on the back so you can order a replacement , there are various p/n available based on year , option, shape etc.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Awesome, thanks!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2 months ago I bought a replacement mirror glass from Audis4parts.com

http://audis4parts.com/exterior/body...d-side-mirror/
Old 03-08-2013, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Yep, it's the whole mirror body...

The whole mirror body, bezel and everything is taped on to the pillar on which it pivots. I'll post a pic. The power mirror still functions, but the tape is a little silly lookin'.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steelyray
The whole mirror body, bezel and everything is taped on to the pillar on which it pivots. I'll post a pic. The power mirror still functions, but the tape is a little silly lookin'.
As A6Gary said, the part number for the base/pedestal is 4B1-858-531-BE-3FZ for vehicles with memory seats. It lists for $636.35 and our price is $473.44 and would need to be ordered but should only take a couple of days to get. This part is black and will not need to be painted. There is a good chance that it may fix your problem and you may be able to swap over the mirror glass and the cap/cover and avoid having to buy a new cap and pay for it to be painted. If you do need the cap as well we have them in stock, list $119.60 our price $88.98.
Old 07-08-2022, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Driver side mirror FULL assembly needed

New here! My son smashed up the driver side mirror on his 14 A6 Quattro. Looking at getting aftermarket part, however I see they come in, 8, 10 and 12 pin. How on earth would I know which mirror replacement to order? Trying to save some money here by going this route, as we were quoted over $2000 to have it fixed with genuine Audi parts. ANY help would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Driver's Side Mirror Replacement