A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

EPI Importers is a joke. (Long, but what else you got to do?)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EPI Importers is a joke. (Long, but what else you got to do?)

Hey, if you provide a solid level of service, then I can't very well bash your company I suppose.

I've been pricing the S6 upper and lower grille for a few weeks. Found a "sale" on the S6 upper grille from EPI Importes advertised at $99, not bad. I called around to compare (one dealer downtown, and Clair) which confirmed the $99 price was a good deal, as well as from reading Stoney's post on his S6 grille installations which required a seperate hood latch, different from the standard A6 latch as well as prices and as always, a perfect write up which allowed me to shop easy for what I wanted (Thanks Syoney).

I called EPI durring regular business hours to receive a voice message that they were unavailable, "If you have reached this durring business hours", bla bla bla, so I left a message asking about the sale, as well as the required hood latch and lower grille availability and pricing. A week went by, no response, I had forgotten about it and remembered, so I called them again, same deal, left a second message. Received a response a few days later on my voice mail to give So & So a call. So I gave So & So a call and he said he would have to check the prices for the grille latch and lower grille. OK. A few days went by, no response, a few more, so I called back. So & So said the latch is the same as the A6, I cut him off and educated him (Thanks again Stoney) that the S6 latch is not the same and using the A6 latch would eventually break the grille. He quoted the parts and they were a little high for the latch and lower grille so I said I'd have to price around.

But...

...he then states "if you can get me the part # I can probably get it for less". The what?!? The part #? How the hell can this guy quote me prices without even having the part #? I said OK (just to get off the phone) and said I'd get back to him. A few days later he leaves me another message on my voice mail that he could get the parts, still no confirmed part # or price but that the S6 upper grille was available in black or chrome trim. They did have the best price on the upper grille and I managed to find a dealer (actually the dealer where I purchased my 4.2 from) had the lower and latch available for about half of what EPI wanted, but the upper was $45 more. So I figured, I'd call EPI back and just order the $99 upper grille from them.

Spoke to Mr. So & So again and he said they did not have the S6 upper grille in stock but "can order it direct from Europe in about 3 weeks" 3 what?!? what heppened to in stock $99. I said that I had found the other parts for about half what he quoted and you know what this guy says....

"Can you get the part # for me and I can probably get it in 2-3 days"

At this point, I'm like "sure, I'll email the part # to you" but (I'm really thinking) I'm not interested in wasting anymore time with you.

So, I'll just shell out the extra $45 on the upper grille and get it in 2 days with the rest of my order where I can drive over and pick it up.

It's not the end of the world but if this is an indication of how they manage their business, I'll not be ordering anything from EPI Imports.

(I know, this should also belong in the "Feedback" forum, as I beleive they are a paid advertiser for AW but it was specific to the A6/S6 so here you go)

PS: They still list the upper grille at $99.<ul><li><a href="http://www.epimporters.com/">http://www.epimporters.com/</a</li></ul>
Old 11-19-2003, 10:45 AM

Took them over two weeks to reply to my email....something really fishy about this outfit!!!!
Old 11-19-2003, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

They do have great prices, but when I got my RS6 spoiler from them it was beat-up...blamed shipping
Old 11-19-2003, 02:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: EPI Importers is a joke. (Long, but what else you got to do?)

I went through the spoilerdepot.com and I have having the same problem. Did an online order and cannot get a email in return. I tried to call but get a voice mail and no call backs. I am wondering if I will every see my order. I am glad I used my cc since I called the cc company and told them to reverse the payment and stop the order. Has anyone used this company?
Old 11-20-2003, 06:36 AM

Default I had good luck with EPI.......

I ordered my RS6 spoiler from them. The spoiler took a couple weeks to get in, but I expected that. The spoiler was in good shape and the guy there called me back imediately.