A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Finally Fixed 077198327A Intake Actuator on my A6 4.2

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only $800 at dealer ?! Mine wanted like $850, yours is nicer than mine...

Originally Posted by A4 Phil
Ordered 1 inch linkages today. I turned the arms in my fingers. They moved freely. If I shred the diaphragm I'll order new from Lambo or Range Rover next week. Right now both my linkages are simply broken though one of them also has slipped the clip off of the valve/diaphragm.

Linkages from Gruven were $97 with shipping. $800 from local Audi though that includes the valves.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 712 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiNut87
Only $800 at dealer ?! Mine wanted like $850, yours is nicer than mine...
I installed the linkages with no problems in about 15 minutes. One of my valves turned out to have a broken connector to the metal ball joint. So I have had to order a new valve. I'll update when I receive that.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 101 Likes on 77 Posts

I installed the linkages with no problems in about 15 minutes. One of my valves turned out to have a broken connector to the metal ball joint. So I have had to order a new valve. I'll update when I receive that.
Vas is diss valve of which you speaketh? A vacuum motor? Did you order the lamborghini or landrover part?
Old 07-10-2013, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
Vas is diss valve of which you speaketh? A vacuum motor? Did you order the lamborghini or landrover part?
Yes, sorry, it was the vacuum motor. I ordered from Landover. The original has a ball joint that clips onto the body of the vacuum motor on a metal mounting bracket. The flange on the vacuum motor was mis shaped and when inserted into the bracket, pops out after a few retractions. I'll let you know how the Landover part works. The rover part is sold as a cruise control vacuum motor, however, it has the same part number and Audi rings stamped on it.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes, sorry, it was the vacuum motor. I ordered from Landover. The original has a ball joint that clips onto the body of the vacuum motor on a metal mounting bracket. The flange on the vacuum motor was mis shaped and when inserted into the bracket, pops out after a few retractions. I'll let you know how the Landover part works. The rover part is sold as a cruise control vacuum motor, however, it has the same part number and Audi rings stamped on it.
Did you try straightening out the flange with a couple of pliers?
Old 07-10-2013, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
Did you try straightening out the flange with a couple of pliers?
I did. The plastic had simply lost the elasticity that it should have had to return to shape. In thought about spot welding with an epoxy, however, it looked like the joint was designed to slide around a bit on its axis.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I did. The plastic had simply lost the elasticity that it should have had to return to shape. In thought about spot welding with an epoxy, however, it looked like the joint was designed to slide around a bit on its axis.
I installed the rover vacuum motor today. (Marketed as cruise control vacuum motor) So far it works great. Not enough time to give an impression on HP and gas mileage. Throttle response is better though when you stomp on it to merge. Installation was a little trickier than I had animated. I was replacing the lower one. The bolt is a little hidden and it was rounded. It took a bit of effort to get it removed and I replaced it with a new bolt upon installation of the new motor.

Ok, the Rover motor has a flange which hold the ball joint which is slightly different than the original. I did test the new motor and the vacuum properties are identical. It mounts identically and is made by the same maker. The Rover motor bracket does NOT have the Audi rings on it though the part number is the same.

My CEL turned off after two short trips with the new motor and the linkages installed. It has turned off in the past so I will keep an Eye on it.

I'll update this with MPG impressions and power assessments.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still havent found a shop that will sell direct replacements for the pods themselves. Any links to buy from appreciated.

JD
Old 07-29-2013, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I still havent found a shop that will sell direct replacements for the pods themselves. Any links to buy from appreciated.

JD
google the part number and Lamborghini or Land Rover (not both!).
Old 07-30-2013, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

JD
This is the link to the part that I purchased from Landrover.

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/ETC7150G.cfm

It is the identical pod with a slightly different ball joint connector on it. The difference makes no functional difference, however, if you want the exact same part, order from Lambo. I drew a vacuum on it and have had it installed for two weeks now. It works like a champ. The Audi part number is the same.

I am prepping to write a complete review, however, I need a few more miles and tanks of gas. I would do the same all over again. In fact my regret now is not having done this last year.

Last edited by A4 Phil; 07-30-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Finally Fixed 077198327A Intake Actuator on my A6 4.2