A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

First accident on my new A6 2.7t.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2000, 09:23 PM
mpc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: First accident on my new A6 2.7t.....

Sorry to hear about it. I feel for you. I had a run-in with a pyscho ex-girlfriend on Sunday and ended up with a clay pot thrown at my hood and golf ball sized divots all over my drivers side from the heals of her shoes.

BTW, I had my rear bumper repainted about 2 months ago for $860.
Old 10-17-2000, 09:24 PM

Default My point seems misunderstood. My A6 2.7t brake lights were NOT coming on under light brake pedal ..

pressure (which is often the state of things when one is stopped at a traffic light, especially with a stick, which I drive, or even with an automatic temporarily placed in neutral -- you'd still generally have your foot on the brake pedal, even though fairly lightly). Since my dealer -- central VW AUDI refused to readjust the brake light switch for me to ensure that the lights came on even under just light brake pedal pressure, I readjusted the dang thing myself.

Now, I get brake lights on under almost any sort of pedal pressure, even just light pressure (but I still get no lights when my foot is completely off the pedal).
This is the way the dang lights should operate FOR SAFETY. When you're touching the brake pedal with almost any pressure, you want the lights lit so that drivers behind you know that your stopped or slowing or about to slow.

Your brake light switch may be adjusted perfectly. Mine was not. Apparently, many other A6 owners on this forum also have misadjusted switches that don't put their lights on under all conditions where they should be on, for maximum safety and communication of your intent with drivers to your rear.
Old 10-17-2000, 10:08 PM

Default thanx for the post mpc....

and i feel sorry about your car as well. trust me, i do know how painful it is to see damages on our lovely Audi's.

about the bumper price, i should clearfy a little more, the $1106 estimation was including two shock absorbers inside the bumper. ($152 each) also, i got this estimation from Audi dealer's body shop.

thanx guys... i'll try to get it fixed asap...
Old 10-18-2000, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Man, what did you do?
Old 10-18-2000, 02:08 PM

Default My dealer does not have it's own bodyshop......

You absolutely should ask (demand) for the new bumperskin. My 2 mile an hour tap actually creased the plastic on mine.

They are painting the bumperskin by itself in the paint booth, and when it has finished curing, they are going to clip it on to the car. No blending on the other body panels. No matter what, they will not get a perfect match because of the plasitic primers and elasticisers needed when you paint plastic bodywork. My color is Melange, and my plastic parts did not match the steel panels from the factory. You really only notice when you study the paint though. Have them paint the bumperskin off the car and do not let them blend. It wont work and might turn out worse than stock. Good luck.