A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Great service experience at Rector Motors (Burlingame, CA).

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great service experience at Rector Motors (Burlingame, CA).

I had a few minor niggles with the new 4.2 - bubbles in one of the Clear Armor headlight panels, steering wheel shake on the freeway, and "creaking" in some of the rubber seals. I mentioned the problems while talking on the phone with David Leibenson, my salesperson. Rather than directing me to the service department, David took it upon himself to make all of the necessary arrangements. That alone was way beyond the call of duty in my book. He just asked me what day would be convenient for me to bring the car in and said he'd call me back in a few minutes, which he did. David not only set up the appointment for me, he also made arrangements for me to borrow a car for the day of my appointment.

On the day of my appointment, the service department was having a bad day through no fault of their own. They were down several techs and they had more work than they could handle. It was pretty clear that not all of it would get done that day. I spoke with Carter Tyson, the service manager, and told him that I'd driven nearly 100 miles from home to make the appointment and that leaving the car for longer than that day wouldn't work; I offered to reschedule for a less busy day but he wouldn't hear of it. He emphatically said that he would get my car done that day regardless of what it took, handed me the key to his car to use as a loaner, and that was that.

I picked up my car at 5:30 as promised. It was freshly washed AND dried and looked great. The best part was that everything was fixed perfectly.

I guess I've gotten so used to lousy service and poor attitudes at so many places of business that I'm easily impressed when people actually care enough to go the extra mile. The guys at Rector certainly did that and I really asppreciated it. They're now my Audi service department of choice.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

What was the cause of your steering wheel shaking?
Old 07-27-2003, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wheel balance.

I don't know why they needed balancing at less than 1000 miles since new, but that's what they found. They rebalanced the wheels and the shaking is definitely gone.
Old 07-27-2003, 02:47 PM
Elder Member

You should x post this to the norcal forum!
Old 07-27-2003, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Good idea. Done. Thanks!