A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Has anyone ever had a "Audi Assured" get bought back?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Basic investigation techniques. Never misrepresent your own identity (i.e. lemon->Audi Assured),

Just leave others to their own assumptions.

"no fair - you tricked me" is not really a very compelling counterargument to fraud. And it too, would have to be proven.

That's all. Never, however, state yourself to be someone you are not.

Beyond that, depending on the state, their are ways (freedom of press/public information) to associate a VIN or license to a particular individual. Scour the car (seat cracks) for bus. cards, insurance information, etc.
Old 12-15-2003, 11:00 AM

It's always a function of risk analysis for them. Point is, 'used' d/n nec.preclude cause of action.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Most dealers are fairly careful about releasing names of previous owners. It can unlease a mountain

of crap on their head if the previous owner asks the new owner/caller, "so where did you get my name?" Our dealer was extremely strict about this.

What you are suggesting is certainly one way of getting info, but it takes a careful touch to do it right and not land yourself in hot water.

Even if the other owner was unhappy, if there was no written acknowledgement and documentation of it being a good will buy back or lemon, you don't have much to stand on.

It's not that I want to discourage this person, but I also don't want to give them advice that may land them in trouble.

The gap between the spirit of the law and the letter of the law, is usually a big one;-)
Old 12-16-2003, 05:58 AM

Default It really wouldn't be a matter of how you got the name but rather whether the resultant info

was accurate. If the name was not come by illegally, then there is no issue whatsoever except within the walls of the dealership. The court doesn't deny my claim b/c some third party didn't adhere to their own rules.

Furthermore, a buyback doesn't get done without some form of documentation, and when asked "why did Audi repurchase this vehicle" the only answer except for a 'lemon law' repurchase is a 'good will buyback'. Since they avoid "lemon" branding by doing a good will buyback, it is generally recognized that 'good will buyback' is a euphemism for 'lemon buyback' in a situation where the manufacturer decided they wouldn't stand a worthwhile chance in court.

Ok, so this was a 'good will buyback' - well why? "Because the customer was unhappy with the car"

Really? I see here in the repair records that it spent XX days in the shop for repairs to this entire 10 page laundry list of items, and some of these items are noted 'could not duplicate' or are repeat repairs of the same items that my client is having trouble with. Was this why the previous customer was unhappy?

Objection, calls for speculation! Sustained.

Ok, was there anything done to this vehicle before it was sold to my client?

"Yes it went through a rigorous inspection".

I see, and yet we note here the vehicle still has many of the same problems as under the prior ownership. Why were those known items not repaired?

and so on.

In the end, if there really is a valid claim, you can't hide it with a magic wand and tag it "Audi Assured".

And the statement of facts by the previous owner as well as the documented repair history will also stand testament to what was known to Audi under his/her ownership, regardless of any language in a buyback agreement, and thus expose the fraudulent "Audi Assured" sale.

Manufacturers can make it difficult to succeed against them, but in the end the facts and strong representation should prevail. While it does not say "Audi Assured" cars are never 'good will buyback' cars, if you go through all the advertising they do, you will find claims of 'we pick only the best' etc - I know I've heard those terms from BMW's certified program, and it could be construed as an 'industry standard' that there is some level of selectivity in offering an 'assured car' by any name.

But, it's never easy to succeed with these things, even when you have a slam dunk case. They almost always make you play three of the four quarters before offering any concession, or giving up.

Which is why you have to play hard to win. :-)
Old 12-16-2003, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sorry to hear about that. Sarge, April, and ESN have offered a good line of advice here.

Unfortunately, it sounds like it will require some real work on your end, but would probably be worth it to get the problem solved...one way or the other (buyback, a different car, etc.). Ignore firedancin's silly bitter post; you'll find nothing but help here - all the way through the various steps of your ordeal - if you're posts are informative and modestly polite (we know more than anyone that those steps can be frustrating, but keep a level head and you'll do well both with your problem car and with getting good help here).

Best of luck - just go for the gusto in getting it taken care of - and keep us posted as things move along.