A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004
Old 08-12-2016, 11:07 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A6 (C5) Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Headliner removal with pics...warning...very long!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2021, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dont take out the metal brackets for the visor lights or the plastic light/sunroof

Originally Posted by A699avant
So I have scoured the forums I have Googled in every way imaginable to see what others have done with the headliner metal trim that the visor lights sit in that are hard pressed into the headliner and to go around the new headliner. Also on the rear light. Then another issue I came across was trying to cleanly disassemble the frame for the map lights. It is plastic soldered together and a pain to remove but had old glue underneath. I managed to get it apart in one piece short of one small crack I plan to fix with jb weld plastic weld. The metal I will attempt to squeeze back on but I really dont see how without getting tool marks allover my new headliner. Any advice is appreciated also I'm a mechanic and this is my first real attempt at interior repair. I already epoxyed all my plastic clip retainers on the b c and d piller biscuits even the one I exploded on the drivers front. What about getting like 9 one or two inch c clamps and squishing down the top frame to the bottom frame maybe even heating it as I go to make it fit then when everything is tight epoxy it back together. 99 a6 avant
so I took mine out because i didnt want to have any left over orange glue or headliner material. I dont advise it they misshape and are a complete pain to reinstall. Just cover them up and give a little more of a squeeze shove to get them back in place