A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

HELP!!! caught in a consumer quandry- advice please..

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! caught in a consumer quandry- advice please..

so I purchased a few items from a vendor about two to three months ago and about one month after not having seen any of the items arrive I decided to inquire with the place about the status of my order.

It turns out that they had shipped the items to a previous address of mine (I had ordered from them before but I don't know whether they just used my previous address or I overlooked the fact that my information wasn't current...) In any case, at that previous address, they had held it there for a week or so and then sent it back to this company. A week or so after it was returned to sender, the vendor claimed they had not yet received the shipment but they were looking out for it.

checking again this week (about a month after they said they were looking out for the package) I was told that two out of the three items were in the box and that I was credited about $30 of the $55 (or so) dollars I had paid for the items. They had not even bothered to tell me that this had happened TWO WEEKS AGO!

now, here's the deal, I never SAW, TOUCHED, SMELLED even any of these items, nor the box they came in. They told me that the box had been opened and resealed and as a result wouldn't credit me the entire balance (I don't know if they're still charging me).

am I wrong in thinking I shouldn't be charged for any of these items? This seriously makes me reconsider doing business with these people ever again. The nature of their correspondence has been downright curt and condescending in a matter where I'm simply trying to find out if I'm ever going to get what I paid for. I hesitate at responding to them as I feel like I'm really going nowhere with the whole ordeal...

and yes, this is Audi related and it is a company that I have heretofore sung praises of within this forum... that may be changing soon.

advice/suggestions on how to deal with this?

I'm really pissed right now. its not my nature to be cutthroat in business dealings but this is bordering on the ridiculous to me (not that I think that getting what you pay for or getting back the money you paid for things you didnt' get is cutthroat but I think you get the picture). my patience has worn thin.

<thanks for bearing with this long e-mail>
Old 07-08-2003, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default dispute the charges with your credit card company.

Also, if this vendor does bussiness on AW, post their name. They normally help out after that.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:24 AM

Default I guess a disputed charge since I never received anything?

that would be my thinking behind it.

right now I just want some time to calm down, I really want to tear into this guy. I can't believe they would treat a customer like this- and it is TOTALLY not the case that I'm being overbearing or difficult to deal with. quite the opposite actually.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:27 AM

Default Tell your cc it's disputed, then calm down and talk to the vendor

Here's the problem, if you haven't figured it out - they sent merchandise to an address and only some of it came back. You say that's no longer your address, but they don't know that. All they know is some stuff is missing and it was sent to an address they thought was yours.

After the both of you calm down, I'm sure you can work this out.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:31 AM

Default thanks phred (yeah, I got what the problem is...)

I hope so, but at this point I don't like the direction they seem to be taking with respect to their correspondence with me.

it looks nearly downright nasty. used to be a couple lines, explaining the situation in a "we'll see what we can do" sort of tone, even addressing me by name. Now its a one line reply (at best) without even addressing me and in a very "The barbecue's over so get the %@#* off my lawn" sort of tone.

if I lived closer I'd show up in person.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default If this vendor relies on its reputation from this board, I would......

let them know that you will reveal their identity in an unfavorable light on AW forums unless they agree to cooperate with you.

By the way, does anyone live at your previous address? Have you asked them if they know anything about the package? Good luck.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:34 AM

Default I'm sure somebody lives at that address but since I talked to the manager of the complex..

I know that nobody came to pick it up (not even the people who live there now) so I don't know who got their hands on that box...
Old 07-08-2003, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Good advice
Old 07-08-2003, 12:47 PM

Cut, paste and send this entire thread to them.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

TOTAl b.s. phred-o's right...get the credit card folks into the middle. Fast.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! caught in a consumer quandry- advice please..