A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Help finding my O2 sensor relay

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help finding my O2 sensor relay

I have searched quite a bit and am having trouble finding a solid answer as to where the relay/fuse is located that distributes power to the sensors. I have a 99' Audi A6 Quattro 2.8l. If someone could please just tell me where it/they are, it would be much appreciated! Thank you.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not much help to your question, but hat problem(s) are you experiencing? All sensors malfunctioning?
Old 06-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GTA_Driver
Not much help to your question, but hat problem(s) are you experiencing? All sensors malfunctioning?
I am getting P0134, P0154, P1196, and P1197. My first line of action was to be, checking the relay/fuses but obviously I am having a bit of trouble finding them. All
Old 06-14-2012, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts

99/100 it's the sensor. Just replace it.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
99/100 it's the sensor. Just replace it.
I do believe your wrong because all four codes appeared at the same time (most likely two sensors didn't fail at the exact same time) and I just replaced one of them recently. I am pretty sure it isn't the sensors themselves that have failed. It is always wise to check the least expensive possibility of a solution to any problem as well. Replacing the O2 sensors would not be the least expensive.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jcrampton
I do believe your wrong because all four codes appeared at the same time (most likely two sensors didn't fail at the exact same time) and I just replaced one of them recently. I am pretty sure it isn't the sensors themselves that have failed. It is always wise to check the least expensive possibility of a solution to any problem as well. Replacing the O2 sensors would not be the least expensive.
Absolutely - very suspicious for both to fail at the same time.
All the sensors are powered from the ECU internally. The ECU fuses should be #29 and #32. If not the fuses, there are some internal to the ECU, or you could have a break in some wires in the harness. Also, check the O2 plug connectors to make sure they're not loose or corroded.
Jim
Old 06-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by eejimm
Absolutely - very suspicious for both to fail at the same time.
All the sensors are powered from the ECU internally. The ECU fuses should be #29 and #32. If not the fuses, there are some internal to the ECU, or you could have a break in some wires in the harness. Also, check the O2 plug connectors to make sure they're not loose or corroded.
Jim
Thank you, now we're getting somewhere. All external fuses checked out OK. My connectors also seem to be in proper order. I do also have another code saying that my air intake temperature is too high. I just recently replaced my IAT sensor as well. Maybe this was the first warning sign that my ECU was acting up? Or possibily a faulty part I suppose. I guess the only option from here would be to try another ECU to see if that remedies my problem. Thank you for the info and if anyone else has any additional info to add, I am all ears.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

All one can do is offer advice based on your input. Garbage in, garbage out. Your original text didn't indicate all sensors so yes you can hear horses and think zebras.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
All one can do is offer advice based on your input. Garbage in, garbage out. Your original text didn't indicate all sensors so yes you can hear horses and think zebras.
I do believe that my original text was just asking where the fuses/relay was located. Sorry I hurt your feelings. Maybe you should put your dress back on and stick to the kitchen.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

OK. No soup for you.

Quick Reply: Help finding my O2 sensor relay