A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

I am a little annoyed with my service experience.... (Mini Rant)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I am a little annoyed with my service experience.... (Mini Rant)

So today I drop off the S6 at a North Jersey Audi Dealer to handle my 10k service. I was at the dealer by 8:00am. I gave the service advisor the list of things that need handled (10k service, pulsing rotors, front end vibration, new wipers). First the advisor states that if the vibration is due to the tires that there will be nothing hat he can do, but he would look into the issue. Mind you have raised this issue since delivery and the car only has 10k miles, how is this not an issue between Conti and AOA?

So all day goes by and no word, I get a cal a very close to 5:00pm saying that they got backed up and that they would have to hold the car over. I asked what progress was made, and the advisor stated that he had not really got started on the car. So lets see, the car was there by 8:00, I waited three weeks for an appointment and they don't even look at the car?

Do I have a right to be upset? And in who minds is a old Jetta a comparable car to an S6? Don't get me wrong I am not looking for another S car. But I could have 3 jettas for the price of this Jetta when it was new in the late 90s. Boy does AOA have a lot to learn about keeping customers happy?

Is it wrong for me to think that 4.2 owners and S owners should be treated better then our $30-$40k brethren?

OK RANT OFF...

And besides this I left a case of Bass Ale in the Wagon as a token of appreciation...Oh Well.
Old 07-08-2003, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try getting a A4 1.8T as a loaner for a 2004 A8L
Old 07-08-2003, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sounds like the old days here. Now I get appt in one day...

... although they often need more than one day to get to my list of issues.

I'd let them finish the work, but see if the same pattern happens next time, and even warn them next time that you are watching to see if it is a pattern. These guys want their "5" ratings on the phone surveys. So tell them they won't get it this time unless they resolve your vibration issues. I wouldn't take an angry tone with them, but instead explain your disappointment and suggest how they can win you over. Carrots are tastier than sticks.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default "Is it wrong for me to think that 4.2 owners should be treated better then our $30-$40k brethren?"

Yes... it is wrong. =)

I would expect you to receive the same service that an A4, S4, or A62.7T owner receives. I can say that I expect the same for A8 owners, but I know that AoA has a different policy for A8 owners - who are the only ones guaranteed Audi loaners.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:29 PM

Default Please tell me this wasn't Paul Miller...

where I am looking into a few cars.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I had to read your post twice to make sure that I wasn't misunderstanding you.....

You can't be serious thinking that because your car cost $$$$ that you should get preferential treatment over those with cars costing less. I certainly don't. It is first come first serve based on appointments, just the way it should be.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:45 PM

Default Certainly Audi needs to pressure these inconsiderate dealers..

but each store is an individual retrail business which purchases cars from the manufacturer. I'm not aware that loaners are a AOA policy. My local dealership (Hoehn) has several other stores (Honda, MBZ, Acura, Infiniti, Porsche) They provide loaners for everyone. True, it does irritate me that C-class owners get a C-class loaner and I get a 3 year old Accord. Sad to say Audi still doesn't hold the cache of the 3-pointed star and is not likely to do so in the near future, even though quality is similar.Remnants of the old "Fox" and 100Ls days (not to mention unintended you know what)
Old 07-08-2003, 04:54 PM

Default I don't agree. <m>

With the 'big 3' of German manufacturers (Audi, MB, BMW) all 'racing for the masses' with less expensive cars like the A3, 1 Series, and C-class, an interesting question comes up:

How do you maintain a positive relationship with your $50k+ customers (A8, RS6, 7 Series, S, etc) while trying to service an ever-growing group of &lt;$35k customers? Do you tell someone that spent $60k with you that they can't get service / get a loaner / receive any sort of consideration vs. someone who spent 1/2 as much? Would that work in your line of business?

I don't have the answer, but do think that those that pay $50k+ for a car do deserve some extra measure of consideration.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I don't agree...

Does AMEX give a green card member the same service and privlages that a platinum recieves? It is pay to play....

And my appointment was made weeks ago.....
Old 07-08-2003, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I agree....

Stoney I agree one hundered precent. The issue would not have been so bad if the service advisor did not tell me this AM that the would expect to have the car back today. Once the realized that it was useless, I would have like a call to say so. I called around lunch time for an update and was given no information.

I plan on telling them that they can have as much time as they need to fix the vibration as long as they are actively working the issue, I will not let them keep the car just to have it sit on the shop floor.

Quick Reply: I am a little annoyed with my service experience.... (Mini Rant)