A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

I was a bad boy last night, but it was a well-deserved ticket--> (long rant)

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I was a bad boy last night, but it was a well-deserved ticket--> (long rant)

Coming home from picking up the missus at a job interview, I was driving north on a local 2 lane divided highway. Speed limit varies from 40 to 50 and the road changes from 2-3 lanes along the way. Accelerating from a traffic light, I signal and pull into the left lane (from the center). There was plenty of room, and no car entering the space. About 3 seconds after I get there, (still accelerating with the flow of traffic) a guy in a Corolla comes flying up to my bumper and lays on the horn flashing his lights at me. I have no idea why he did this, there was no reason. I flip on the rear fog light, and he jams on the brakes, HARD!! He then comes flying up to my bumper again, flashing and blowing. My wife notices and asks if I know this guy. I don't, nor do I want to be involved, so I downshift, change lanes and accelerate away from this guy. A little later, this guy goes flying by, cutting traffic and being a generally dangerous driver.
Two miles up the road, a traffic light catches this guy, and I'm two lanes to his right. The road ahead is straight with a slight hill (up and down) passing a large car dealership, then over a hill again and into a business area. (for those who live in the area, this is route 1&9 north, leaving the Woodbridge Mall, and approaching the Prison and alongside the Sansone Automall). The limit is 45 in this area, but traffic regularly flows at 60-70. There is usually a trooper in the area just before the last hill, which is a 40 zone. As Mr. Corolla leaves the light, I pull away and pace him. He then floors it,(at least it seemed like it) and starts to pull away from me. I am keeping pace with him two lanes over, just antagonizing him. Just as we reach the first hill, my V1 gives me a Ka warning (I usually get 1 K warning which is a false alarm, but this Ka was definitely the real McCoy). My wife says aloud "I bet that cop is out here tonight". I check the speedo, speed is 75 and Mr. Corolla is still accelerating. On the downside of the hill, I get another warning, very strong Ka warning, I back off. Mr. Corolla continues, still accelerating, this guy is probably doing 90, he is rapidly pulling away from me. I settle down to a legal 55, but the Corolla is flying. I would estimate 95 close to 100. The Corolla is about 1/2 mile ahead of me, just passing the dealership and the last hill before the business area, when my V1 squawks a all-led Ka warning. 5 seconds later, a very big and very menacing Crown Victoria pulls onto the road, no lights at all. This Crown Vic looked nasty. Super Black tinted glass, chrome tipped exhaust tips poking out below the bumper. The Crown Vic then flips on the lights (headlights and strobes) and lit his afterburner, disappearing over the hill. (does anyone else ever notice that even thought they may not accelerate all that fast, that Police Cars seem to have warp-speed capabilities when pursuing speeders? Must be a mind trip)
He pulls over the Corolla in the parking lot of the White Castle (about 3/4 mile from where the trooper clocked him) Trooper had the car parked, shut off and the driver standing beside it by the time I reached him.
I felt badly for the guy, he must've been clocked doing at least 85 in a 40. No matter how you slice it, that's a pretty serious fine, perhaps license suspension.
I then remembered how he had been "driving aggressively" behind me, and even cut off an ambulance(lights off, but with a patient inside), nearly causing an accident. Hopefully the driver got what he deserved.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can't believe you felt badly for him, even if only momentarily. From your description, that's one

extremely unsafe driver.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes... well deserved.
Old 03-06-2002, 09:06 AM
Craggy Old Man

Default Geez your rotten!!!

Course I would have pulled over and give the trooper a blow by blow account of what this guy did and praise the trooper for doing such a fine outstanding job keeping the roads safe!! : )
Old 03-06-2002, 11:14 AM
adk
AudiWorld Member

Always good to see those jerks get what they deserve; happens all too infrequently
Old 03-06-2002, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default He was an idiot...he should have noticed that you backed off...

and thought, "hmmm, dude backed off, hmmm, maybe dudes got a detector...maybe I should slow down..."

He was a douche...hopefully, 45 over is enough to lose his license...ahhh, he probably didn't have a legal one anyway
Old 03-06-2002, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks, good one to smile over...
Old 03-07-2002, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hehe, I've been to Woodbridge mall MANY MANY times...half of my family is in NJ...

Middletown, Union, and Summit.

-st