A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

I dont post much on here anymore and the reason below is a good example why?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

; )
Old 06-28-2006, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I'm amazed you found and quoted that.

Its truee, I'll always be back, but it does explain why I rarely post on the A6 board, plus between me, Boston and Press, we're about done with every possible mod one can do.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default He's not as intimidating in person

I think he drives a Beetle these days
Old 06-28-2006, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

BTW, I like your sig pic.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ditto. completely agree.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:12 AM

Default Well I might be a noob, but I can STFA a bit.

I guess people have different reasons for using it. I mostly use it because I love reading about Audis. I don't plan on making many mods to the 3.0, but might get a 2.7T to play with.
That is when I will starting STFA a lot and probably asking some of the questions you've read a hundred times you ol' timer.

Thing is, people's knowledge and experiences changes with time. That is why us noobs can't just rely on the archives. You might have an opinion on the APR chip, then have ( a friend have) a series of issues with it and suddently have additional input on the issue.

Trust me, noobs appreciate all (constructive) responses given. We hope the "teachers" won't get tired of repeating the same thing, and look forward to the knowledge sharing here.

If you decide it's time to move on, I am sure that the forum thanks you for your input and bids you farewell! We just ask that the noob bashing is kept to a minimum!

By the way, what do you think? Should I get a 4.2 or a 2.7T?
Old 06-28-2006, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Do you know where I can get a VTEC sticker that'll fit my 2.7T??
Old 06-28-2006, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Good thing he's no longer around
Old 06-28-2006, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default 4.2.

The 4.2 has been used in more of Audi's line up then any other because it is a timeless trusty engine which packs a punch.

The age old answer is:

2.7T if you want a manual or intend on modding the engine.

or

4.2 if you dont want a manual and dont intend to mod the engine.

There is no 2.7T anymore, but plenty of 4.2's in the current Audi line up.

...and my typical response.

"I dont trust turbo's myself".

On the other note:

My problem is, when someone has a problem, but are looking for a jaded answer, unwilling to STFA or even try the advice given to them.

To make matters worse, they ask the same question the next day as though the first time was a test post or something.

Not the end of the world, but quite annoying.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default cry baby! :^P

just kidding. I figured that was why you have been largely absent. Myself, I am starting to get a bit tired of trying to avoid teh STFA answer and do the "Boston Driver Junior G_Man searches. However, as my time is starting to get more and more crunched, I am spending less and less time on the boards.

So, a few words from my corner...

Search is not perfect, but the information is there. You just have to know how to look, and read a bit from the results beofre you'll find the info.

It is better to SHARE information taht to keep ASKING for information. Sure, others have written tech articles or long picture-heavy posts about a process to do this or that, but what this forum really needs is for people to ADD to that information, not to ask where to find it. Take for example the tech article by Robert Gedeon (formerly "chipcase") about his H-sport install. Linked in Stoney's Links, easy to find with AW search button, but how many times in the last month has soneone asked "Is this an easy install?" C'mon, a little effort here, please!

However, if someone finds a different way of describing the process, or a new tool that makes something easier, or even an extra picture or two to add to the process...great! That's what this forum thrives on!

I don't proclaim myself as a know-it-all with Audis. A LOT of what I have learned I found by searching on my own, and every now and then, there is conflicting information. So THEN is the time to post a question, AFTER your research is done.

So for now, I'm probably going to sit back and watch a while, maybe post every now and then. I have tried some of the "other" Audi forums (Audizine, Audi Forums, etc.) and believe me, we all need to appreciate the fact that this forum has some pretty good information, and a much lower percentage of n00bish questions. I still like AW the best, but just my humble opinion.

Good people here...hope that does not change...

Quick Reply: I dont post much on here anymore and the reason below is a good example why?